chapter 41

I put in my earphones and grab my groceries to walk upstairs. I grab my keys and look up when I hear a familiar voice.
"Let me help you with that." It's Lando who's standing against my door with Max next to him.
"That's okay thank you." I smile and unlock my door. "Can I help you?" I ask them.
"No we just wanted to check up on you." Max responds.
"I'm good. Just went to buy some groceries." I say putting them down on the counter. Lando and Max stay at the front door, so I walk back to them as soon as I put the groceries away.
"Have you spoken to Charles?" Lando asks.
"Well he's definitely speaking to me." I laugh. "I haven't responded yet." I say. "You can come inside for a second." And they do.
I walk into the kitchen for some tea and return to the sofa when it's finished.
"How are you?" I ask Lando.
"Good. Really good. There's a big chance I'll be back for testing next season." He smiles up at me and it makes me so happy to see him like this.
"Wow. I'm glad. You deserve it." I smile back at him. We stay quiet for a bit but then Lando speaks up.
"I want to say something." He says and I look up at him.
"You don't have to. It's okay and I understand, truly." I take a sip of my tea.
"You don't even know what I'm going to say."
"I have a feeling." I answer.
"I was just gonna say that it isn't your fault. That's what I heard you say. I just wanna say that his behaviour is not on you." He says and I look over at Max.
"Is that all you heard me say?" I ask him.
"Yeah. Why? You said something else important?" He asks.
"No no. I uhm I just told you some story's about Layla, that's all."
"I'm sorry I didn't hear anything else besides the things you said about Charles. Id love to hear those story's again some time." He smiles and I look over at Max relieved.

Lando's pov:
Of course I heard all she said. She just looks a bit disappointed in the fact that she told me, so I just act like I didn't to make her feel a bit better. Y/n and I being friends and only friends is better for everyone, especially for her. I would've loved to see it differently but it is what it is.
"He wants me to give him a second chance." She says and I put my mug down on the table. "I just keep on watching the video over and over. I don't know if I can." She sighs sadly.
"You can always try." I say wanting her to be happy.
"He hurt you Lan."
"Not on purpose." I respond.
"You're too good for this world." She laughs softly. I know she thinks he did this on purpose and yes I also think his movement looks a bit suspicious, but I could live with it. I've seen her and Charles's instagram over the summer and she genuinely looked happy with him. She deserves it and if i could've made her that happy, I would do it without a second thought, but I can't. So it's important that someone else will and I see that Charles is capable of that. Yes he might be a jealous prick and I'll never look at him the way I did before the accident, but as long as he won't keep y/n away from me and Max, it's okay. For now I cannot be with her, but I still want her to be happy. It might hurt me seeing it constantly, but seeing her happy will do me good eventually.
"I have to ask you something, actually." I say and she looks up at me.
"My family has a vacation house in Austria and they invited the two of you to spent the week with us there. See it as a way to thank you for everything you've done. It's really spacious, so there's enough privacy, you don't have to worry about that." I explain.
"I uhm that's really sweet but I don't think I can take something that big. Flowers, lovely, but a whole week in Austria?"
"They insist. Id like it if you'd join." I smile at her.

Your pov:
It all sounds lovely, but it's too big of a gesture. Besides they should invite Aaliyah since she's his girlfriend.
"What about Aaliyah?" I ask worried if she'll be there. That would make my 'vacation' a complete hell.
"She's not coming." He answers not too sad if you ask me.
"She should tho. She's your girlfriend." I say frowning.
"She's too busy and things aren't going too well between us atm." Again he doesn't seem sad about it.
"And you're coming?" I ask looking over at Max, who just nods his head in response.
"Everyone will be there." Lando says.
"Mila?" I ask smiling now.
"Be careful you don't step on the toys." He laughs.
"I'm sold. Check me in." I say laughing. "I think it'll be good for me. Away from home, taking my mind off all this. I'll talk to Charles after." I say.
"Great." Max answers happily.
"Great." Lando answers as well.

Finally a new chapter!! Sorry for the wait🥲
Now tell me your thoughts on Hamilton to Ferrari in 2025?!?!😶