chapter 2

I walk into the restaurant and I already see Daniel waving me over to the table. I walk over smiling.
"Hey!" He says with the biggest smile.
"Hellooo" I say.
He hugs me which I did not really expect.
"We have a hugger!" I laugh.
"O I'm sorry." He let's go of me thinking I wasn't joking.
"No no I'm joking. It's fine haha. I'm a hugger too." I say.
"O good haha." He sits down and so do I. "Lando's running a bit late sorry." Daniel says. "O no that's okay. I've got time." I say.
"So do I haha. Should we get a drink?" He asks me.
"Yeah sure!" I answer.
I order a hot chocolate with whipped cream and Daniel a coffee.

"You scrape your whipped cream off the hot chocolate?" He laughs.
"Don't tell me you mix it." I say letting him by the look on my face know he should watch his words.
"I do actually." He says.
"Noo that's criminal Daniel!" I say laughing.
"What's criminal?" A brunette boy walking over asks.
"O uh-" I did not expect his arrival just yet so I don't really know what to say but thank god Daniel speaks for me. Or not.
"Can you believe that she scrapes the whipped cream of the hot chocolate and eats it off the spoon?" Daniel says making me feel embarrassed. My cheeks turn fully red. I give him an elbow.
"Ow." He whispers.
"I love restaurants that bring it separated on a little plate. It makes it easier." The brunette boy smiles at me.
"I'm Lando. It's nice to meet you." He sticks out his hand.
I clear my throat before answering. "I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you too." I smile.
"Aw you're embarrassed about what I said." Daniel says. That bitch.
I give him an elbow once again.
"I know he's pretty but why blush for him and not me man? That hurts."
"Can't you just shut up?" I laugh. "And i did blush when i saw you."
"Did you?" Daniel asks fake surprised.
"No." I give him a fake smile.
"Mean." Daniel says. I look at Lando to see him smiling.
The waiter thats been eyeing me since I've walked in stops by with the menus and gives me a cute smile.
"Anyways. I'll just forget about the most awkward first meeting I ever had and order some food. What about you guys?" I say laughing a bit.
"Sounds like a plan. I'm so hungry." Lando says.
"Let's see. I'll grab something that I don't have weird eating habits with." I say smiling at myself.
"You have more?! No way." Daniel says.
Lando and I start laughing.
"No I don't Daniel. Well at least that's what I think. I didn't think eating whipped cream off your hot chocolate was a weird eating habit, but apparently it is." I say. We all start laughing
"I like your laugh. It's very contagious." Daniel says out of nowhere. "It is, isn't it?" Lando says while looking at the menu. Once again my cheeks turn red. I'm just bad at taking compliments okay?
"Have you decided?" I ask as soon as the redness is gone.
"I'll go for a pasta pesto" Daniel says.
"Regular spaghetti for me." Lando says.
"Maybe you can share like Lady and the Tramp." Daniel laughs.
"Dude. She's uncomfortable." Lando says.
"No it's fine." I laugh.
"I'm just joking." Daniel says.
"I know. It's okay. I can laugh about it." I smile. "I'm taking a salmon salad btw haha."
"Raw fish? Really?" Lando says.
"You've got to be kidding me. What's weird about salmon?" I ask.
"Don't get him started." Daniel says.
"It's disgusting. It's raw." Lando says with a disgusted look on his face.
"I like it. Ill order something else if it bothers you that much." I say in a sarcastic way.
"No haha you need to order whatever you want." He laughs.
When the waiter comes over 20 minutes later with our food I noticed that he slipped a napkin under my plate before handing it to me. Lando noticed it but Daniel didn't. We all thank him before he leaves. I unfold the napkin and start laughing.
"What?" Daniel asks.
"I bet he's making you tick a box that says "yes" or "no". How romantic." Lando says.
"He left the no part out." I say laughing.
"The waiter asked you on a date?" Daniel asks taking the napkin out of my hand. I look around and see the waiter looking at me. I smile.
"I should go over to him. Give me a second." I say before leaving the table and walking over to him.
"Hey." He says.
"Hey haha." I say.
"So got an answer for me?" He asks.
"Not yet." I answer.
We chat for a bit.

Daniel pov:
Y/N leaves the table to talk to the waiter that just asked her out. I watch Lando following her with his eyes. "He looks nice right?" I ask him wanting to poke the bear. "Mmh. Bit weird of him to ask her out while he hasn't even spoken to her." He says not looking at me. "I'm going to the toilet." He says. "I know you're gonna eavesdrop." I wiggle my eyebrows at him. "Shut up, I'm not gonna do that." He says. Oh he definitely is. Good for me tho cause I definitely wanna hear what they're saying too.
After a while Y/N comes back.
"Aaand?" I ask.
"We exchanged numbers. He's a bit weird tho so I'm probably not gonna text back." She laughs and so do I.

Your pov:
Lando comes back from the restroom and we can finally start eating.
"So you're going on a date tonight?" Lando asks me.
"I don't think so." I answer.
"Why not?" He says.
"Just because." I say and he stops asking questions.
"Well if you're not going on a date tonight, we could hangout? Pierre told me about this party tonight. Maybe the three of us could go?" Daniel suggests.
"Well I'm gonna go with or without you haha." Lando says.
"Uhm yea sure why not." I say.
"You can drive with me if you want, we stay at the same hotel." Lando offers.
"If it's not too much trouble." I say.
"Is 9.30 okay?" He asks.
"Perfect." I smile.
"Great." He smiles back.
We finish eating and ask for the bill. We pay and put on our coats. "I'll text you tonight." The waiter says and leaves. "Please don't.'' I say in a whisper. Daniel and Lando start laughing. "You know I watched him for a bit and he truly is weird haha." Daniel says.
"I know haha. I'll see you guys tonight. Thank you so much for this and thank you for making me feel so welcome. You're not as bad as I thought." I say.
"Hey! I'm hurt. No but no trouble at all. We thought you were gonna be one of those brats tbh." Lando laughs. We finally walk outside the restaurant and say our goodbyes. I go back to my hotelroom so I can get ready for tonight. Meeting a couple of other drivers, how exciting!