chapter 33

I got in my car and drove back to my hotel, since Lando and Max are again staying at the same hotel as mine. Well the whole McLaren team is lol.
I listened to some music and thought about Charles' reaction to me going over to Lando's. Before I knew it, I arrived and I was standing in front of Lando's hotelroom. He opens the door and smiles at me before looking me up and down.
"Charles and I had dinner together." I explain to him.
"O okay. How was it?'' He asks.
"Fine. Get to your point. I wanna go home." I say walking in.
"Look I'm really trying here y/n. You being nice as well would help a lot."
"I've been nice to you many times and everytime I was, you fcked it up." I say sitting down madly.
"Max is in his room." He says.
"I'll go when we're done here, so I'll only have to see your face once."
"Okay y/n, give him a rest." Max says walking in and sitting down next to me.
"Fine. Start talking." I say strictly.
"Okay." He answers putting down drinks on the table.
"I know you're not my biggest fan right now-"
"Definitely not." I cut him off making him roll his eyes.
"Sorry. Go on."
"I didn't know how to tell you. Me and Daniel were quite disappointed in Zak's choice as well. We don't want you to leave the team. I felt like it wasn't fair if I would bring you the bad news." He explains and I understand.
"I uhm I shouldn't have gotten mad at you for not telling me. It isn't your job to do. I'm sorry." I say smiling at him.
"That's okay. I get the frustration."
"It's so stupid. Honestly, he didn't even pay me that much." I joke making them laugh.
"Daniel and I came up with an idea." I see some sparks in his eyes while talking. I nod my head signing he can tell me the idea.
"We want you to become my PR manager." He says and I almost choke in my drink.
"You want what now?" I say shockingly.
"We haven't talked to Zak yet, but if you agree on it I'll do it after practice tomorrow."
"I don't agree." I respond and I see Lando's happy face turn into a sad one.
"Lan, that'll never work. Every race weekend will end with a fight. I'm not up for that. Id rather find another job and keep you as my friend." I laugh.
"No I'll do better. I promise. I realised that the fights happened because of me and my behaviour. I finally realised what a great friend you are and I uhm I tried to be one by 'protecting' you, but I didn't think about your feelings while doing so." He apologies and as soon as he finishes I fly into his arms, hugging him really tight.
"It's okay. I realised that you wanted to be a great friend and I truly appreciate that, but I just wished you would've handled things differently." I say still hugging him.
"I am so sorry." He says.
"So am I. I missed you." I admit while pulling back from the hug.
"I missed you too." He says holding on to my hands.
"I'd love to be your PR manager." I smile at him.
"Great." He says smiling back.
"Omg im so glad your friends again. It was hard standing in between this man." Max says and we both turn around in shock. We kinda forgot he was here.
"Okay I've got to go now."
"Why?" Lando asks.
"Charles is mad at me i think. He didn't want me to come over here."
"Just stay here and give him some space. We'll watch a movie." Lando suggests.
"You guys watch a movie, I uhm have a date tonight." Max says standing up from the couch.
"Omg! With who?!" I say standing up enthusiastically.
"I'm not telling you until I know if she's a nice girl. If the date went well, I'll tell you when I'm back." He says walking over to his room.
"Hey come back here!" I say running after him, clearly not being finished with the conversation.

Lando's pov:
I watch y/n run after Max smiling from ear to ear.
"You're not dressing yourself mister!" She screams to Max making me laugh out loud. I'm glad I have her back. There are still quite some things we have to talk about, but I'm not worried about that right now. I stand up from the couch and walk over to Max as well.
"Try this on." Y/n commands and Max just puts it on knowing there's no way of winning a discussion like this from y/n. I have to admit that it was a really nice outfit she put together for him.
"Hah! Perfect. You look perfect!" She says enthusiastically.
"Looks good mate." I say.
"If she's not gonna fall in love with you the second she sees you, drop her." y/n says adjusting Max's jacket.
"Come on. I have to go." Max says pushing us out of his room.