chapter 7

After a long morning it was finally lunchtime. I walked past all the stands with the most delicious food on them and I unfortunately had to tell myself no. Until I walked past the ice cream stand. I mean come on. I asked the man for a scoop of chocolate ice cream and walked to the spot where Lando and Max were supposed to be. They weren't here yet so I just sat down and scrolled on instagram for a bit.
"Hey y/n!" I hear someone say behind me. I turn around to see it's Pierre who's behind me.
"Hey! How are you?" I ask him.
"I'm great! How are you? How is your first official day going so far?" He asks me.
"O it's going great! I love it so far. Everyone ditched me tho haha." I say.
"I can sit with you if you want? I'm having lunch by myself too today." Pierre asks and I nod. He sits down with his lunch and I remember that I still need to get something to eat.
"Give me sec. I'm gonna get some lunch." I say before getting up and walking away. While grabbing my lunch I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"Hey I thought you were going to sit with us." Lando says to me.
"So did I but I thought you guys were running late. Anyways Pierre is eating alone so I thought it would be nice of me to sit with him." I say.
"O okay. I'm gonna go then." And before I could ask him anything else he turned around and walked away. I followed him with my eyes and saw that he said something to Max. Max looked up at me with a confused look.
I can't even sit with Pierre? I walked outside and told Pierre we were sitting somewhere else. I walked over to Lando, Max, Daniel, Thomas and a couple of other employees. I put my lunch down, smile at Lando and Max and sit down. I tell Pierre to sit down too but he doesn't.
"Yuki is on his way, we have something important to discuss so I'll catch you later okay?" He says and I give him a confused look.
"O okay. See you." I turn around and look at Lando and Max.
"Why are y'all being so weird today?" I ask them.
"I'm not being weird, Pierre is." Lando says.
"So are you. and you." I look at Max. "I saw you looking at me and I know exactly what that look means."
"What does which look mean?" He asks playing dumb. I imitate the look he gave me earlier and he laughs.
"I don't know what you're talking about." He says.
"Nothing is going on. I was just going to sit with him cause he was alone. And the other thing you were thinking about is also not happening. It's unprofessional and it'll backfire." I say to Max.
I bet Max gave me that look because "I like Lando" and he found it weird I was sitting with Pierre and not with him and Lando.
I look over to Lando who of course was still here. He just looked confused the whole time.
"Wow. Your looks mean a lot dude." Lando says to Max and they both laugh.
"Shall we speak again in a month? I am willing to put money on it." He says.
"So am I." I give him a challenging look.
"You're betting on y/n getting with Pierre?" Lando asks Max.
"Sort of." He answers and when I look at Lando I see something change in his eyes.
"Why are we even betting on this? This is ridiculous." I say.
"It is because we both know this is going to happen sooner or later." Max grins.
"Bet is off. I'm not pushing my feelings out of the way for a stupid bet." I laugh.
"So you're saying you have feelings for him?" Max asks with a smile thinking he's right.
"You know what? I'm just gonna go and let you guys finish this conversation." Lando says and gets up.
"Wait, I'm coming with you. I did not say that Max. Conversation is over and we will not discuss this again." I say before following Lando.
"So you do like Pierre." Lando says not looking at me.
"I don't. It's just a stupid joke between me and Max. If something was going on I would've told you. I promise." I say to him. I wasn't going to tell him the bet was about him, that's Max's job since he came up with the bet in the first place.
"Okay." He says and we walk into the McLaren trailer to wait for Daniel and film a video.

"There she is! How is your first day going so far?" Daniel asks me with the biggest smile on his face as usual.
"It's going great so far. But that's because Thomas is taking the lead haha." I say.
"That's not true. You're doing amazing and you're a great add to the team." Thomas says smiling at me.
"Aw you're making me blush." I laugh at him.
"Everything is set up." We hear behind us and all get in position. Me and Thomas behind the cameras and Lando and Daniel in front of them of course.
We filmed a simple challenge today called "Fact or Fish". Filming the video doesn't take to long and I believe we did a great job with making it enjoyable for the viewers. I even found out how Lando got that scar on his thumb lol. We tidy everything up and pack our things. I wait for Lando and Daniel to finish while I talk a bit with Thomas.
"Soo how was it?" He asks.
"Oh it was great! I loved it and to be honest it's really fun to hear Lando and Daniels story's haha." I say. While chatting with Thomas Lando and Daniel finally finish and walk over to us.
"Y/n before you go, I've got a question." Thomas says fast cause I think he doesn't want Lando and Daniel to hear.
"Yeah?" I respond.
"Would you maybe wanna get a drink-" Thomas gets cut off by Lando. "We're ready." He says. "Give me second." I say and Lando and Daniel take a small step back so I can finish my conversation.
"Tonight?" I ask him.
"No not if you're not available. I just think you're fun and I would like to get to know you better." He says shocking me a bit. Wth is up with these guys? I rejected Pierre and now I have to reject Thomas? Don't they think about how unprofessional it'll  look?
"O uhm I'm flattered, don't get me wrong, but I think it's best if we don't, since you know we're colleagues." I say in the nicest way possible.
"No no I get it. It's fine. I'll see you around then." He says with red cheeks and immediately leaves. Shit. I didn't mean to embarrass him but he knew Lando and Daniel were here and they could overhear our conversation, so if anything it's his own fault.
"Wow really getting the attention huh y/n?" Daniel laughs.
"I don't ask for it." I say.
"So why are you not going." Lando asks me.
"O I'm not interested. Besides I need to keep things easy for myself around here." I laugh.
After a long workday we arrive at the parking lot. Lando and I say goodbye to Daniel and both get into Lando's car.
"We should keep this up. I love having my own driver." I say while putting on my seatbelt.
"I bet you do." Lando laughs.
"So why is Max not here yet?" I ask.
"I don't know. He said he'll be here in 10." He responds.
We put on some music, wait for Max and drive back to the hotel.