chapter 17

My alarm went off at 6AM. I've been avoiding Lando and Max for as much as I could. Of course I had to speak, well text really with Lando for work purposes but besides that we haven't spoken. I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and put on my running clothes. I turned on my music and ran for about an hour. I was quite impressed by that, but when you get lost in your thoughts time goes faster than you think. I grabbed a coffee on my way home. When I returned I took a shower and got ready for work. It's media day so I'll see Lando all day. I'll just focus on Daniel most of the time. I grabbed my keys and left my hotel room. But of course my day has to get ruined as soon as it can be ruined. I stood on the hallway face to face with Lando. Both not knowing what to say cause things have been nothing but awkward lately.
"Hey." He says.
"Hey." I respond. I smile and walk away.
"Uh do you maybe want a ride?" He asks making me turn around.
"I'm good thank you." I wave my keys at him and turn around.
"We're gonna have to talk eventually y/n." He says.
"Not if I don't want to." I say while I keep on walking.

Lando's pov:
"Not if I don't want to." She responds to what I said. Not in a bitchy way, just in the way she normally says things. I made it sound like she meant it and I think that that was what hurt the most. I sigh and lean against the wall waiting for Max.
"I'm sorry she doesn't want to talk yet." He says before closing the door. Before I can respond he says something else. "But it is your own fault.". "So you're picking her side?" I ask him. I don't blame him tho. "I'm picking the side that's the fairest right now. In this case her side is the fairest." He says before taking the keys out of my hand and walking over to the elevator. When we walk over to my car we see y/n still on the parking lot.
"Why is she still here?" I ask Max.
"I don't know. Oh she sees us." He says.
"Of course she sees us dumbass. My car is parked right in front of hers." I say.
"I need a ride." She simply says and sits in the backseat leaving me and Max speechless. I smile at Max feeling happy she needs the ride cause now I can try and talk to her. I start the car and turn down the music.
"You don't have to lower the volume. We're not talking." She says and I look at her through the mirror. Again she wasn't being bitchy. She was just hurt by what happened. I can see it in her eyes. Max stayed quiet the whole time knowing it wasn't his right to mengel in this conversation.
"Y/n. Please." I say.
"Please stop begging Lando. I need time to think. Since I met you my head has been a mess and I need to set it straight. Besides I don't have time for bullshit like this. I worked my ass off for this job and now that I have it, I have to try my hardest to keep it." She says making me a bit angry.
"You're being childish. Grow the fuck up and get ready for a grownup conversation will you?" I say and again I immediately regret what I just said. This is not making her have a conversation with me.
"Why the fuck are you such a dick all of sudden?! Isn't Aaliyah pleasing you enough?" She yells and I hear Max burst out laughing. Me and y/n weren't in the mood to laugh tho.
"I wiped the fucking tears out of your face after that night. Even after all the shit you said to me and now you're here being an asshole once agin." She says leaving me with nothing to say because she was right. Max turns his head to me as soon as he hears about the crying part.
"It's happening again?" He whispers to me but I ignore him because I don't want to discuss it in front of y/n.
"Answer me." He says fiercely.
"No I'm fine." I answer.
"Stop the car." Y/n says.
"I wont say another word." I answer knowing why she says what she just said.
"I don't even wanna be in your presence right now." She spits out. I stop the car and let her out. I don't drive away tho. I stay there for 10 minutes hoping she'll get in again but she doesn't. In fact, I lose her out of my sight.
"Just drive to the paddock. She'll get there safe. I'll make sure of that." Max says and I start the car again.
"Damn you're not even dating yet and everything is so complicated already." He says.
"Shut up." I respond and turn the volume up. Max turns it down again tho and I immediately know what he wants to talk about.
"Is it happening again, Lando? You know you can tell me. You always tell me." He says.
"It's not a big deal. It was just about that stupid article they published." I respond.
"Don't let it get to you man. As long as all the people close to you know the truth it'll be okay. All they need is money Lando and if they can get it from writing a stupid lie about someone they don't know personally they will do it without a doubt. It's not a job we could do, but it is easy money I have to give them that." Max says making me laugh with his last comment. I see how relieved he is when he sees me laugh. We don't really talk about what happened anymore but we just listen to some music until we arrive at the paddock.