chapter 43

I couldn't sleep, so I went downstairs to make some tea. I walk down the stairs and my heart jumps when I see someone sitting on the couch in the dark.
"My god, you scared me." I say walking over to Lando.
"We have to stop meeting like this." He laughs and so do I. "The water is still warm." He says and I walk back to the kitchen to pour myself a cup of tea.
"Can't sleep again?" I ask him sitting down next to him.
"Nope." He answers and pulls the blanket on top of me also.
"What are you doing?" I ask him.
"Nothing." He answers, but I take his phone in disbelief. He was watching his last race back. The incident to be exact. He looks up at me apologetic.
"I thought we came here to take our mind off of it." I say handing him his phone.
"I know I'm sorry. It's just not that easy."
"I know it isn't, but at least stop watching the incident back. Watch the races with good memories. You'll be back before you know it." I smile at him.
"Called Aaliyah yet?" I ask him.
"No. I don't want to think about her." He says and i look up shocked.
"Something happend?" I ask.
"Not showing up at the hospital after your boyfriend crashed, isn't something you could fight about?" He laughs quietly.
"I didn't say that. I uh I just thought you didn't really care about it."
"I don't, it's just disappointing to realise you trusted the wrong person." He answers and I feel bad for him. We sit in silence for a couple minutes. I grab my phone and take a picture for on my instagram story.

"Does Aaliyah follow you on instagram?" He asks me and I nod my head no in response

"Are you still happy with her?" I ask him and he looks away from me.
"I don't think I ever was." He answers honestly. I just nod my head in response, not sure what i should say to that.

"Let's go back to bed." I say before getting up and blowing out the candles. We both walk up the stairs.
"Goodnight." I say smiling up at him.
"Can I stay with you?" He asks me and I laugh.
"Why?" I ask him.
"I just sleep better when someone is with me." He says and I go into my room to grab two pillows.
"Come on." I say to him after closing my bedroom door.
I walk over to Max's room and softly knock to see if he's awake or asleep. We don't get a response, so we figure he's asleep. We walk in and I softly shake him awake.
"Move over. We're sleeping here." I whisper to him, but he doesn't really respond and just does what I ask from him.
Lando and I crawl into Max's bed, with me in the middle.
"What are you doing?" Max asks finally waking a bit up now.
"We couldn't sleep." I answer and Lando and I laugh.
"I turn on my back and bring the blanket up to my shoulders.
"Thank you." I whisper.
"For what?" Lando asks and I hear max turn around to me.
"For being there. I've put a lot of shit on you, but you always stay. I know I'm not good at showing it, but I'm really grateful for you. I would've probably moved back home and gotten a depression after doing so, if it wouldnt have met you guys." I laugh, but meaning every word I say.
"We're grateful for you too." They both say and I turn on my side to go to sleep.

I wake up by a knock on the door.
"Lando. You have to come outside, please." I hear Lando's mother say. He doesn't wake up so I elbow him which does wake him up.
"Your mom needs you." I say pointing at the door.
"I'll be out in a minute." He answers and we all get out of bed.
We quickly brush our teeth and change into some joggers instead of staying in our pj's.
"I'll meet you downstairs in a minute!" Lando yells to us and we finish getting dressed while he closes the door behind him.

Lando's pov;
I walked down the stairs wiping the sleep out of my eyes.
"Everything okay?" I ask looking over at my mother. She points to the living room as an answer.
I see a blond girl sitting on the couch with her coat and bag laying over her lap.
"Aaliyah? What are you doing here?" I ask making her turn around.
"I could ask you the same." She answers and I laugh.
"I'm on vacation with my family. Sorry, do I need to discuss that with you?" I ask her and before I can answer, her eyes land on y/n and Max coming down the stairs. Y/n is carrying Mila down the stairs, talking to her and not realising we're watching her.
I have to say she looked pretty perfect.
"Good morning-" she says smiling but fading when she sees Aaliyah.
"Hey Aaliyah." She says and walks over to my mother in the kitchen. Aaliyah just scoffs and doesn't greet y/n or Max back.
"Savannah and Oliver wanted to stay in bed for a bit longer, so I offered to make her some breakfast." I hear her explain to my mother and it puts a smile on my face. She puts Mila on the ground for a second so she can play a bit as she and my mom make some breakfast. Aaliyah walks over to Mila and puts her arms out to pick her up.
"Hello Mila. You've grown." She smiles at her while trying to pick her up. Mila refuses and gets up to walk back to the kitchen, hiding safely behind my mom and y/n their legs. Y/n picks her up and softly rubs her cheek.
"She's just hungry." She awkwardly smiles at Aaliyah and continues with breakfast. Aaliyah rolls her eyes and sits down.
"Why the hell is she here? You could've asked me." Aaliyah says and I look up at her.
"I asked you a couple times. You're always too busy. And uhm I didn't want to invite you either." I say honestly.
"I beg you pardon?" She says shocked.
"I don't want this anymore. You're bad news. You don't support me and that is something I look for in a person. You didn't even visit me at the hospital."
"So because I didn't visit soon enough, you're breaking up with me?" She scoffs.
"I just don't love you, Aaliyah. I tried but I can't force myself to love someone." I truthfully say.
"Why is she here?" The look in her eyes changes and I know the same question has a different meaning this time.
"My parents invited her as a thank you for staying with me at the hospital." I say trying not to stutter.
"Why is she here?" She asks looking back at y/n.
I stay quit knowing she is onto me.
"Why is she here, Lando!" Aaliyah screams and all eyes are on us now. Y/n hands Mila to Max and walks over to us.
"I think you have to go. He's still recovering." She says and I softly push her away not wanting her getting involved into yet another toxic conversation with Aaliyah.
"I have had it with you!" Aaliyah screams to y/n.
"You did this! You brainwashed him with all your 'good actions', but I know what you really are." She says and I look back at y/n confused. Y/n looks confused too.
"A murderer." She bitchy whispers at her and my mouth falls open.
"That's enough! Out of my house now!" I say and she does after giving us a bitchy smirk.
Y/n stands there in shock. She looks up at me with the most heartbreaking look in her eyes. I spot little tears coming up. Oh no.
"I- I trusted you..." she says and grabs her coat to make her way outside.

OMG LANDO FK NORRIS IS OFFICIALLY A GRAND PRIX WINNER!!!🥇
I can't describe how happy I am watching this incredible race.
He deserves nothing but the top step!🧡