02 | arrival time

───── ❝ KARMA  ❞ ─────

[ryunosuke chiba]

"KAAARRUMMMAAA-KUN! WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING AGAIN??"

It was too early to deal with this amount of noise especially since I got, like, four hours of sleep last night due to an essay I had to cram. Koro-sensei's nagging voice made my ears ring as he lectured a certain redhead whilst he climbed out the window.

"Just leave today's assignments on my desk, teach! I'll be back during lunch!" Karma casually stuck his tongue out and left Koro-sensei grumbling to himself. 

"That boy will be the end of me!" He face palmed while the rest of our class sweatdropped. 

"Well, if you think about it, sir, it's one less assassin to deal with," Nakamura teased. 

Koro-sensei sighed but he was not surprised with the redhead's intents to cut class. At mach 20 speed, it looked like he glitched out and in the classroom, holding a stack of papers. 

He set them on Karma's desk in the back and clasped his tentacles together.

"Back to work everyone! I will deal with that mischief later!"

Emei Chiba. Although we have the same last names, we aren't siblings. Her father and mine are brothers and she naturally inherited her dad's last name as did I. She didn't show up to class until lunchtime. 

The rest of the class didn't notice her quiet steps as she casually entered the lunch room and approached me with a sleepy grin. Emei held up her hand, cueing me into our handshake. When she said hi to me, the room fell into silence and finally addressed the elephant in the room.

"WHERE DID SHE COME FROM??"