33.5 | cat vs mouse time

───── ❝ it's hopeless ❞ ─────

『 7:14 pm 』

The sky was a canvas for dark oranges over the horizon being overtaken by shades of dark blues and purple. Dusk was settling in at Okinawa peacefully. The birds flying overhead returned to their nest, ready to rest in the tranquillity--

"FUCK YEAH!" But there was nothing quiet about E-class shenanigans. 

Karma rejoiced in victory while Chiba clutched his side in pain. After a horrific chase around the hotels, Karma body-slammed Chiba into a wall, tired of wasting his energy on one mouse. He single-handedly ended the edgy boy's redemption arc. 

"I'm down, guys...The bastard tackled me into a wall." Chiba coughed into his walkie-talkie, still rubbing the side of his body. 

"I left the stun gun in the middle of the hallway, floor four of our hotel. Maybe one of you guys can get it while he takes me to home base."

『 7:20 pm 』

Emei peaked through the small gap made between the door and its frame, spectating the hallway for any signs of Karma or Kimura. The bright color of the stun gun was just in her line of sight, and she didn't want to give the cats a chance to hide it somewhere else. 

The green-eyed girl sucked up some courage and propelled herself toward the gun. 

Her ears chest pounded with anxiety and excitement, praying that her steps were light enough to keep the nearly silent hallway silent. 

Finally, within reach of the gun, Emei's ears perked at the sound of footsteps coming from around the corner.

 Her mind raced as she threw caution to the wind, snatching the gun from the carpet, clutching it to her chest and sprinted back to her room, shutting the door with a bit more noise than she liked. 

The footsteps from outside sped up into a dash. They got closer and closer to her door.

Emei shut her eyes, praying that whoever it was didn't know which door she was behind. 

Feeling fucking relieved that the figure went past her room, she breathed out a sigh, feeling the overwhelming rush of adrenaline die down──

"GUYS KIMURA GOT ME," Maehara shouted over the radio.

"Shit." She cursed.

"Emei~ I know you're in there, and part of the rule was you can't lock any doors," said Karma charismatically, running his fingers along the wall.

Emei's eyes darted around the room, looking for a solution. Her mind ran through the different scenarios of how she could escape this impending doom situation, but all of them ended with him tagging her.