04 | grown-up time

───── ❝ professor ❞ ─────

[Irina yelavich]

"Who in their right mind would send this kid to E-Class?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest as the octopus pressed his head against the closed door trying to eavesdrop on Karasuma's conversation with the new girl.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but it's a lovely surprise! The more students to teach the better!!"

I rolled my eyes with a scoff.

"More brats mean more trouble."

Emei Chiba gradually comes out of the office followed by Karasuma holding an anti-octopus gun and knife.

She has very light steps. I can barely hear the wood creak, I noticed.

"Awww Karasuma!! Why'd you imprint your violent intentions on my poor new student!! She and I could've gotten along with no murder in mind!" The octopus cooed. He squealed and dodged a bullet Karasuma abruptly shot at him. 

"Shut it, freak," Karasuma said with a vein popping from his skin.

He turned to me and motioned to the girl behind him. She peeks over at me with a blank face, and I analyze her thoroughly while he introduces her.

Emei wore a big dusty-blue hoodie with a star patch in the middle over her uniform. Only half the skirt was showing. Her short hair was blacker than Karasuma's and messy at the front. If my eyes played tricks on me, I'd assume she was a boy from afar. 

She was average height and had an innocent appearance with her big green eyes and round face.

"Nice to meet you, Professor," the girl spoke, waving, but the sleeve of her hoodie hid most of her hand; only the tips of her fingers were visible.

Her voice was soft and drowsy. She didn't seem like trouble and seemed like the lazy type, but first impressions can be misleading.

I gave her a mild nod and a wink.

"Same to you, kid."