26 | travel time 2nd per.

───── ❝ red  ❞ ─────

[nagisa shiota]

The usual loud chatter and chaos of student shenanigans did not disturb the small wooden building atop a tall mountain as all of E-class assembled in front of a passenger yacht, stoked, for their three-day-vacay in Okinawa Island.

Mr. K was going to each student to make sure we have everything we needed, double checking for all the metal equipment.

I'm assisting Maehara with rolling in everyone's luggage while the rest pile onto the boat's deck. 

"Man, I can't wait to see the hotel. We never get this luxury treatment!!" The blonde boy said in a sing-along tone. 

I agreed, remembering our hotel from the Kyoto trip. "Yeah, this would be the first."

All the packing and pre-tasks were going smoothly until I realized I left my Koro-sensei facts notepad in my suitcase. 

Groaning, I crouched down and unzipped my suitcase, reaching an arm in to feel around for the notepad. "Ah. Got it."

Before I could bring my arm back out, something yellow crashed into the wall beside me with a yelp. A rumble shook the ship and caused the waters to splash. Worst of all, I noticed the suitcase on the shelf above slide out of itself. 

And right on my head. 

The atmosphere went silent because of the loud thud. Everyone stared at me with sweatdrop auras behind their heads. 

"N-Nagisa!"

I cranked my head back with an irked expression to see Sugino and Sugaya bowing repeatedly; Suigino with a baseball glove in his left hand and Sugaya holding a water gun.

"W-We tried to catch Koro-sensei by surprise with that BB baseball." So that was the crash. "Didn't mean for you to get caught up in the mess. Sorry."

I was about to forgive them when I felt a hand gently patting the crown of my head. "Does it hurt, Nagisa?"

Looking beside me, I noticed Emei with her arm upstretched causing me to stay stiff in my spot.

I felt my face rise in temperature. Without saying a word, I went to my friends, leaving a curious Emei behind as I rallied them around.

Next thing I knew, half the boys in our class lined up in front of her with Maehara first in queue. 

"C-Chiba-chan, my head hurts too!" 

The giddy boy bowed deeply followed by Sugino and then Kimura. 

"Yes! I hit my head earlier stepping out of the car, Chiba-san."

Even with her confusion and apathetic eyes, Emei gave each of the guys a single pat on the head. Each guy walked away teary-eyed. 

"Ah...I've been blessed!" Maehara exclaimed as he caught his tears in his hands; he's had a crush on her for so long it was sad. The guys turned to me and I gave an approval thumbs up. 

However, my prank worked a bit too well when I saw Okajima begging on his knees to be touched by the girl. 

"Nagisa, look what you did!" Kayano elbowed me. 

"Hey! I didn't know he would see. Okajima was on the other side of the ship!"

My green-haired companion rolled her eyes, placing her hands on her hips. "That pervert can smell the chance of being touched by a girl from miles away!!"

Surprisingly, Emei didn't sense the danger. I cringed, watching her hand fall down in slow motion. 

But it landed on a much bigger hand. Crickets tuned in the background while Okajima's face lost all color.

"What the hell, Karma!!" 

Karma and Chiba towered over the other guy with a loathing stare. Karma pounded his fist into his palm with a sadistic smirk. 

"What did I say about going near my cousin, Okajima?" The forest-haired boy clawed Okajima's shoulder, causing him to yelp in fear. I never saw Chiba as the scary type, but to be fair, I'd protect my relative from being infected by that virus. 

"Hey, l-listen, man- I was just━

He was dragged away by the back collar of his shirt by Emei's protective cousin. 

"Why do I feel like he got the good end of the stick?" Kayano sweatdropped her eyes following the two guys. 

"Yeah. Karma would've used this as an excuse to show off his spice collection..."

Kayano left to talk to some other friends, and I followed suit. However, I did catch a glimpse of red hair bowing down in front of Emei to be petted.

"Seems those two have gotten close."