35 | Regret time

───── ❝ I'm sorry ❞ ─────

───── ❝ I'm sorry  ❞ ─────

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

『 Karma Akabane 』

And so, the end-class's trial of privilege wilted to an end. A rather depressing way of putting it, but considering this might be their last year of living in general, it's fitting.

The students were sent home to spend the last days of their summer individually. There was excitement to have some freedom from assassination antics.

"Alright now, everybody, have a good week! Don't forget to finish your summer homework, and at least try to beef up your skills. Second semester is nothing to scoff at!" Koro-sensei grinned at his class, earning some dreadful responses.

"Yeah, yeah. We know, sensei."

"Of course, how can we forget?"

"Screw this summer homework bullshit! I ain't doing it!"

"Well, in any case, enjoy your summer, boys and girls!"

An afternoon breeze nipped at a lanky boy's face. His dark green hair swayed naturally in the air. Beside him slouched a listless girl. Her expression frowned along with her sadden eyes.

She was silent and wordless.

The pair leaned against the ocean peer's fence waiting for their ride to pick them up.

"Is your dad picking you up today?" Ryunosuke asked quietly.

"Yeah. He made room in his schedule," Emei replied blandly.

Her tone caused her cousin to sigh. He was understanding of her situation and tried to assist in any way he could.

"Have you tried to talk to him?"

"Nope."

"Do you expect him to talk to you?"

"...No."

"Then how will you fix this?" Chiba stated sternly, messing with his overgrown bangs. "If both of you refuse to talk to each other, you'll never make up."

"I know that. I just don't know what to say," Emei croaked out beneath her breath. Her face contorted with confusion and anxiety.

"You like him don't you?" Ryu said as a matter of fact.

Emei blushed and flushed at his blunt words, she narrowed her eyes at her feet.

"Yeah..."

"Then try to talk to him."

Living in the same neighborhood made it extremely difficult to avoid Karma Akabane. Fortunately, it was the weekend where Emei swapped houses from her father to her mother.

Unfortunately, she was bored out of her mind. Her days were tedious and repetitive, so Emei found pleasure in taking walks around the city. She found courage and tried out cafes she had never been to, going over to Rinka's to go out, etc.