10 | break time

───── ❝ love ya so so so so much ❞ ─────

[ryunosuke chiba]

(flashback to the previous day)

The clock's hour hand stroke eight at the same time I slammed my paper on my desk. The thud was followed by my mom shouting at me for making a ruckus in our apartment.

"Screw this shit." I cursed.

As I debated shredding my homework into a million pieces, my phone buzzed from my bed, prompting me to get up to check it. It was best that I do so since my ass was already numb from sitting at my desk for too long.

Algebra is actually a foreign fucking language and it needs to be banned in all countries around the world.

I rolled over on my floor mattress and clicked on Em's name, opening our chat box.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Em🎱:

teach me how to make friends.

Me:

are you suddenly incapable of making friends?

Em🎱:

I literally didn't talk to a single person for
half a year.

Me:

I should be the last person you ask about friendship.

Em🎱:

:)

Me:

You seem to get along with Akabane nicely.

Em🎱:

yes, but he wasn't very friendly.
I can't tell if he accepted my
friend request.

Me:

That's just how he is.

Em🎱:

Seems like it.

Me:

🤷🏻

Em🎱:

Please help me make him like me!
I need an attractive boy to be friends
with me before the earth blows up.

Me:

god you're such a pain.

[typing...]

Ask about their appearance or hobbies.
People love talking about themselves.
I doubt that sadist is any different.

Em🎱:

thanks! love ya so so so so much -3- [👍🏻]

(read 1hr ago)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

(flash forward to the day after)

Karma made bothering Emei his everyday hobby. I suppose you could call those two friends, but maybe he just got bored of bullying his own buddies.

One period, he tried to kill Korosensei by hiding BBs in an opaque jelly cup. When Koro-sensei foamed at the mouth and spit out his yellow guts, Emei muttered something about wasting food.

"You should've given it to me..."

Karma proceeded to tell her about all the times he's wasted yummy snacks and chortled at her expressions. "I think it's hilarious seeing you so defeated."

"Why won't you be nice to her? She seems nice, no?" Nagisa asked his friend during break time, and I couldn't help but listen for the redhead's answer.

Karma said bullying "short stack" just came naturally to him and it kept him entertained.

"At least you made another friend," the bluenette awkwardly noted.

"Eh. I wouldn't call her my friend."

Right as he said that, Emei just happened to walk into the room and froze with a shocked expression. Her face was pale and her mouth wide open, a few strands of hair sprung from her head in different directions.

kinda like this:

Emei's poker face shattered as she fell to her knees feeling utterly defeated

Emei's poker face shattered as she fell to her knees feeling utterly defeated. "Karma doesn't wanna be friends with me..." She spouted to herself. "But, I worked so hard..."

I didn't realize being his friend was so important to her. Karma Akabane of all people; she's so bizarre.

The taller boy's eyes widened but then fell in line with his cocky smirk as he squatted down to her eye level.

Karma playfully knocked on Emei's head to get her to look up at him.

"Aw, I was only kidding~" he sneered. Emei sniffled back a tear with a childish pout. "of course we're friends."

Emei's cheeks flushed pink followed by a soft smile full of admiration and appreciation.

A bubbly aura surrounded her figure as she wiped her tears. "Wahh...Thank you!"