24 | donut time

───── ❝ add the cream ❞ ─────

[karma akabane]

Her face was decorated with gleaming features, yet calm all at once; such a mellow expression. Her drowsy eyes sparkled at the scent of baked goods coming out of the tiny oven Koro-sensei installed in our culinary room. 

Ah...I'm staring again.

I irked my brow after finding a different person to stare and judge at, resting my face in the palm of my hand. Summer officially began, but the majority of our class hung out here after training.

"Wow, Isogai, that smells incredible!" Kayano had the same look on her face, except a string of drool dripped from her lips. She held up two forks with a hungry stare.

The ikemen boy brushed her away dismissively, laughing. "Hold on Kayano, they need to cool down. You'll burn your tongue."

Detective girl (Fuwa) and the class rep (Kataoka), and the other girls surround the table gushing over Isogai's baking. 

"Once they're chilled, you add the cream, then toppings," the guy slid a tray of piping bags onto the table and picked one up. He chose a pastry from the other tray and pumped in the vanilla filling.

"You're so cool..." Emei clapped her hands together with glee, though it didn't show on her face as she had a limited range of expressions. "I wish I knew how to bake."

She didn't know it, but once she spoke, my attention was showered on her.

"Thank you! That's the first time you've complimented me," Isogai sheepishly chuckled, setting his pastry down. He then piped whipped cream in a swirl on top, then placed a ripe raspberry on the side. "Here, you have the first one. And I can always teach you how to make these."

"Hey, no favoritism! I'm hungry too!!" Kayano shouted as she pounded the table with her fists.

Slightly tilting my head, I briefly catch Isogai glancing at me since I was sitting away from everyone. "That's so petty," I muttered under my breath.

"Karma!" Emei plopped down across from me at my occupied table, showing off her dessert. She took a bite of the pastry and hummed in delight. I feel the corners of my lips rise at the sight of crumbs and cream covering her lips. 

She licked around her mouth to collect the fallout. Emei took her finger and swiped up a dollop of whipped cream, pointing it at me. "Try some."

Lifting my face from the palm of my hand, I hesitated before leaning over the table, licking the whipped cream from her finger clean. It took me a moment to realize what I had just done.

Quickly, I put my head down on the table to hide, resulting in a thud. "shit.."