49 | all the time

───── ❝ childish  ❞ ─────

"Akabane, focus." Asano scowled, tapping his pencil on Karma's desk. Karma's daydreaming came to an end, and he suddenly remembered where he was. "Stop getting distracted, this meeting is important."

"Sorry..." The redhead grumbled, straightened his posture, and brought his attention back to the student council president. 

"I now call this meeting to an end at three. You are all dismissed." The third-year student tapped his mallet on a bell. 

Karma groaned, stood, and followed Asano toward the student council president. 

He dragged his feet, lagging behind the ginger as he discussed their project with the senior. 

In his pocket, his phone lit up with a message from Emei. 10 unread messages in the past half hour. Strings of sorry's and paragraphs were left on delivered. 

"You've been completely out of it these past few days." Asano pinched the bridge of his nose. "Care to explain why you're so moody."

The student body narrowed his eyes, shooting Karma a disquieted look.

"I haven't talked to her in days." Karma huffed, giving Asano a sideways glance. 

"Oh...It's that." Asano placed a firm hand on Karma, snapping him out of his doom and gloom state. "You promised to not let your personal affairs intervene with your work. Aren't you doing this for when she comes back anyway?"

"She changed so much. I've never heard her talk to me like that." Karma mused, feeling apprehensive. 

He was juggling between being impressed that her words could affect him so badly and being headstrong about staying mad at her. 

"You've changed too. And you did tell her that her priorities weren't important." He tried to assure gently, lightly pushing Karma to walk down the hall with him.

The high schoolers left campus after bundling up in their winter layers. Karma slightly shivered, tucking his gloved hands in his trenchcoat pockets. 

Both boys were headed in the same direction home, Asano deciding to walk home instead of calling his chauffer, earning many judgemental looks from Karma. 

"You haven't responded to her?" Asano raised a brow, seeing Karma lift his phone to scroll and re-read his messages with his girlfriend. 

"No," Karma muttered. "I'm still mad."

Narrowing his eyes, Asano responded, "You're so childish. Ignoring her efforts to apologize won't get you anywhere. And the longer you do it, the higher chances are she'll eventually stop talking to you for good."

"Ugh, can you not state the obvious?" Karma sneered, shoving the strawberry blonde by his shoulder. 

Asano brushed his shoulder with a scowl. "If you were in her shoes, and something you worked so hard for came as a once-in-a-lifetime chance, would you miss it? Say you and your friends have been getting siked over something you all liked, wouldn't it be a betrayal to leave them?"