03 | gossip time

───── ❝ I did hear some rumors ❞ ─────

[nagisa shiota]

The arrival of the new student stirred curious conversation among the students of 3E. My friends and I leaned into the table as we discussed our thoughts on the new girl. 

Kayano hummed happily as she licked the pudding off her spoon while Sugino started our chat with a question. "Why didn't we get an email that someone new is gonna be here?"

Good question. I was thinking the same thing.

"Well, I did hear some rumors about her sudden transfer," Nakamura drawled out. 

"What'd you hear?"

"Well, I heard she got into some big trouble that got the police so maybe they're just being hush-hush about it to keep her profile on the D.L."

"Where'd you learn that?"

"My mom told me about it. She works in the law industry so I get tons of juicy stories from her workplace. That's all though, she didn't tell me much more," the blonde girl shrugged picking her chopsticks at her half-eaten bento box. 

"The police were involved? Great the next thing we need is another Karma." Sugino sarcastically said, but his face turned pale when a firm hand patted his shoulder. 

"Hey, now, it's not nice to talk about me behind my back~" a taunting voice grabbed our attention to the redhead looming over Sugino with a cheeky expression.

Karma Akabane.

He let out a chuckle and took a seat. "Didn't I say I'd be back at lunch?"

He's practically famous since his name is known and feared by every student in our school

He's practically famous since his name is known and feared by every student in our school. Bright red hair like the devil and sinister mercury eyes that pierce through your soul like a sharpened blade to a piece of meat. 

Tall, lean, 175cm (5'9ft I think), and fit. The perfect stealthy physique to sneak up on others for a little scare. But being friends with him for so long, I got used to his sudden appearances. Sugino? Not so much. 

His hands are crafty and rated E for everyone. He never backs down from a fight, ever. He's not afraid to say what he's thinking, even if it's the most indecent skull-crushing insult ever known to humanity. 

When it comes to weapons and playing dirty, Karma has us all beaten by a long shot. 

Anyway. Karma's latest achievement was being the very first person to hurt Koro-sensei. And considering the government hasn't even made a dent on him, I'd say that's a pretty big deal. 

"So the new girl finally arrived huh?" Karma gave a closed eye smile.

"Yeah. Mr. K just pulled her out to talk about Koro-sensei," I said. 

"I wonder if she'll be any good of an assassin," Kayano tapped her chin curiously. 

"Well, we should befriend her to find out!" Okuda chimed in sweetly. The girls agreed with her and continued to make speculations about the new student. 

"I don't see what's so interesting about her," Karma commented bluntly.