02} A Little too Close. (Or just being clumsy!)

"GOOD MORNING STAFF AND STUDENTS!" Says the principal on the announcements. It was a fresh and sunny day for the school as classes were about to go in session. The wind cool, the grass green, and the scent of evergreen fills the air as students rush inside the school.

"TODAY IS THE BACKSTAGE MEETING IN MRS. FANNEL'S ROOM FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN WORKING BACKSTAGE FOR OUR SCHOOL MUSICAL, LITTLE MERMAID JR.!" He announced. "IF INTERESTED, MAKE SURE TO GO IN THEN AS THIS IS THE ONE AND ONLY TIME TO GET A JOB THERE!"

"Ooo, maybe one of you guys should do that." Sophie, yet another one of Sarah's friends says.

"Don't worry, I already planned on joining," Sarah exclaims. "You should probably join as well, Bella." She says, looking at her friend.

"Ehh, I don't know, it seems quite boring..." Bella exclaims.

"But Bella!" Whines Maya, "I want you working with us while the show is happening!" She says.

"We all know that me and Maya are part of the play and can't join pretty much, and we'll love it if your their getting us ready!" Sophie says, propping up her clear-cased glasses.

"Fine, fine girly," Bella finally says. (Well would you look at that, we're introducing a new word in this story vocab, GIRLY!) "With the look on your face, you're not gonna stop begging anyways," She says, leaving it off with a chuckle.

"Eeek! I knew you'd do it!" Sophie excitedly shouts, throwing her arms around Bella embracing her in a friendly hug.

"Anyways, Sarah," Maya says, looking at Sarah, with the rest of the group's eyes on her. "We all know you're trying to join backstage for 1 reason." She says, smirking.

"Huh? No, you guys don't, you're just going to say some random bullsh!t again, aren't you?" Sarah throws out. (Of her mouth, OF HER MOUTH.)

"You're just joining to get closer to Ben~ja~min~!" Sophie says, her tone a few octaves higher than it usually is.

Sarah glances looks at them like they're crazy, while the others just laugh.

"C'mon, guys! Stop it!" Sarah yells, trying to stop her friends from thinking that. (We all tried it guys, it just never works.)

"Oh C'mon, Benjamin is in the play himself, so backstage is simply just a chance for you to get closer to him!" Bella exclaims.

"OR, it's because I'm trying to have fun, too!" Sarah says, her friends still giggling.

"Okay, okay, I guess that's a good point," Sophie says, "But we also know it's because of Benjamin~" She finishes while walking off to class with Maya and Bella.

Sarah chuckles while shaking her head. Her friends were so great yet so annoying in a fun way that made her still love them. She quickly grabbed her stuff from her locker and went off to class.

RING RING! Would you look at that, so much time spent on talking is now going to have Sarah go late to class.

She hurries there, her pace going from average walk to walk-jogging (You know what I mean.) You see, in this school, the teachers hate it when you come late, so it was a huge deal to hurry to class after the bell rang.

Sarah was going so fast, she literally couldn't see where she was going! (Does that sentence make sense to you? Don't worry, I just don't know how the author made that one up.)

She accidentally bumped into someone. (*Sigh* you all saw this one coming.) Since she was going too fast, the 2 people fell down onto the ground, their stuff going all over the place.

"Good grief, I'm so sorry-" Sarah looked up, only to find someone she wasn't expecting. That's right guys, it was the one and only, Benjamin.

"I'm also sorry, I wasn't looking!" Benjamin says, his deep ass voice for sure leaving Sarah in good-old natural blush.

Oh my lord, the dude looks like an angel, I'm definitely going to pass out. Sarah says, well, in her mind, of course.

I mean, how could she not think that? His luscious blonde hair falls in front of his face as he picks up his stuff, his blue eyes displaying the beautiful ocean, his DEEP ASS VOIC-

The 2 pick up all their belongings very quickly, due to the fact that they're now late for class.

Just as Sarah's ready to sprint again, she is stopped by Benjamin.

"Hey, I've seen you around, your name is...?"

"Sarah," She answers.

"Oh, Sarah! Yeah, I've seen you around," Benjamin says. "My name's Benjamin."

"Oh, I already know that." Sarah says, "I mean, your pretty popular, everyone pretty much knows you."

"Oh, um.. Right." Benjamin says hesitantly.

An awkward silence then breaks out between the 2, Sarah enjoying every bit of it, anyways. (Lol, what is with this girl.)

"Anyways, I gotta run now, my class probably started by now." Benjamin says.

"Oh, ok. See you later???" Sarah says, rethinking of how embarrassing-ly weird that must've sound.

"I guess, bye Sarah." He says, slowly walking away.

Sarah heart skips a beat or 2. Or does it seems to just beat faster than usual? She just had a mini conversation with Benjamin! (Even if it lasted for like, 30 seconds!) Just as her mind was filled with rainbows and butterflies, she looks behind to see Benjamin approach a girl. They say 'hi', before he puts his arm around her and give her a cute little peck on the forehead. They both then walk off as if they're going to class.

That's probably his girlfriend. Sarah says in her mind, walking off with the sentence 'he has a girlfriend' repeating over and over in her mind. They may had a nice interaction, but he'll still be with a girl. (Ugh, I hate it when crushes do this, like C'mon, it's heartbreaking!!!)

But with that off her mind, Sarah jogs off to class, probably expecting a scolding from her teacher for being late.

______

There. That's the best I could do to the 'First impression to crush' thing.