04} A Little Change of Plans...

After what seemed like forever, it finally turned Friday. The day of Isabelle's party. Sarah prepared herself for this day better than anyone probably would've. She got this simple dark blue off shoulders dress, had a list of things to talk about there, and any comebacks and dance moves if needed. Yup, she prepared way too much, but when your crush is going to be there, you'd have to be prepared for anything.

School had just ended that day, so Sarah had just gotten off the bus on her way home. She lived in those types of neighborhoods where there were only 2-storey houses, literally. Her house was pretty much in good shape, built just 4 years ago. It had rustic vibes, making it look cozy and suitable to last a while. When she got inside, a beautiful aroma filled her nose, making her nearly float in awe.

Her Mom was cooking again, and it was no duh that her cooking was good. Sarah's aunties even praise her Mom cooking skills and beg for recipes to try themselves.

"Hey honey!" Her Mom says, waving at her daughter after noticing she just arrived. "How was school?"

"It was ok, but boring as usual." Sarah replies, setting down her backpack beside the counter to see what her Mom was cooking up.

"Whatsha' making?" She asks, looking at the messy place her Mom has made.

"Your favorite, spicy lasagna!!!" Her Mom exclaims, leaving Sarah as happy as ever.

"Thanks Mom!" She says, hugging her Mom before heading upstairs to her bedroom.

The party was starting in 3 hours, so Sarah had plenty of time to get ready, also the fact that Maya's Mom would take her to the party.

Since there isn't much she'll do right now, why don't we check on someone else right now. How about... oh yes. Benjamin. (Hehe, this'll be interesting.)

In the car still, Benjamin's Mom was blabbering off about how her day was at work, pretty much how she was every time she picked her son up.

"So I tried to get that son of a b*@!h to take the offer, but she refused! So instead of forcing her, I just kicked her out! Haha!" His Mom exclaimed. Benjamin chuckled a little, too, but honestly, he wasn't interested. (Cmon guys, this has obviously happened to all of us.)

They finally reached their home after Benjamin thought he would eventually have to tell her Mom to shut up. Their house was just a 1-storey, but had a modern look to it, as if it was brand new.

They went inside, his Mom placing the car keys on this side table by the door. She threw all the stuff in her hands on the ground and sat on the couch with a heavy pounce, the couch letting out a deflated exhale.

"Woo, holy father! I'm so tired after today's work." His Mom says. "Benjamin, would you be a deary and -"

"Make the dinner for today," Benjamin finishes for his Mom. "You say that almost every day, now." He said, a bit tired too.

"Thanks, deary, you're the best." His Mom said before dozing off into a light nap.

Benjamin loved her Mom but hated it when she acted too lazy. He knows that she works a bunch, though, more than she needs to, to be honest.

You see, Benjamin's Dad is a business man whose often on business trips. Due to this, he's away from home for a least 2-3 weeks, depending on the job he has to work for.

Because of that, his Mom does most of the work. Still, none of them care about it too much, though, as Benjamin's Dad makes good money from this.

Plus, Benjamin likes being a good helper around the house anyway, just not as much as before. He misses the old days when he could come home and get on his Xbox right away.

But he puts that aside, remembering about his girlfriend's party today, making him a bit more motivated than before.

Very quickly, he sets the table and warms up the leftovers, after that calling his Mom over for lunch.

It was a bit of a quiet dinner, as the 2 were hungry and just ate away. It was like this for about 5 minutes before Benjamin decided to finally break the silence.

"So, Mom," He says, "you didn't forget about the party today, right?" He asks hesitantly.

"Oh yeah, don't worry, I didn't change my mind about it or anything." His Mom replies. "Say, how's your girlfriend, or should I say, itty-bitty Isabelle?" His Mom jokingly said.

"C'mon Mom, you know she doesn't like being called that," He says, "But she's pretty good." He finishes. His Mom nods before going back to finishing her dinner, Benjamin doing the same.

After 1 hour later, Benjamin decided to call his girlfriend since he was getting bored. He dials her number and awaits her to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe," Benjamin says.

"Oh, hi Benjamin." Isabelle replies. "Did anything happen?" She asks, a bit worried.

"Oh no, no. I was just checking in on you." Benjamin says, assuring his girlfriend.

"Geez, you worry a lot."

"No, I don't!" Isabelle shouts jokingly, Benjamin laughing.

"Do you need help with anything for the party?" Benjamin asks, "You do sound stressed."

"To be honest, I'll need all the help I can get right now," Isabelle exclaims, "You see, I ordered decorations off of Amazon since I couldn't find anything good in the stores. But of course, Amazon had to be a b!$#h and delay it until next week. So now I won't have any decorations for the party!" She Whines, sounding upset.

Benjamin stayed quiet for a sec, thinking of ways he could help his poor girlfriend and make her party look pretty. Then, his light bulb shined brightly.

"I know!" He says excitedly, Isabelle listening intently now. "We had a party not too long ago, and my Mom accidentally bought way too many decorations. What if we use the ones that were never used for your party?" He explains, Isabelle face lighting brightly with his words.

"Great idea!" She exclaims happily, "Would it be ok if you got here early then to help me decorate?" Isabelle asks. Of course, Benjamin says yes to that.

Just like that, Benjamin gets ready early, goes to Isabelle house, and the 2 decorate the place before the guests arrive.

Heh, who knew that when the guests would come, a bunch of events would happen...

______

I figured I'd make the ending sound suspenseful to make ya'll scared. Heh, so that's how it feels like...