14} Visits and Gifts

2 weeks later, it was Wednesday. That's right, the very middle of the week.

Sarah and Benjamin were now completely ignoring each other at school. Both people's friends were shocked, thinking of how healthy their friendship had been. This, however, was a win for Isabelle. To her, no more Sarah meant more time with Benjamin for her.

However, when Isabelle did try to hang out with Benjamin, he'd tell her he was busy and barely hang out. This angered Isabelle as she did not expect this type of behavior from Benjamin at all. Usually, he'd be an energetic dog roaming all over the school. Talking with everyone, staying active, and most importantly, giving plenty of kisses to Isabelle. Now, Benjamin was chill, too chill for Isabelle's liking.

Meanwhile, with Sarah, the girl was yet again mentally lovesick. She found herself daydreaming of Benjamin during class, thinking about him during lunch, and having dreams about him while she slept peacefully. (Creepy-) Occasionally, she would miss Benjamin at times and wish she had never decided to shoo him away for a while. Yet, Sarah knew this would be the only way Benjamin could sort out his feelings. Sarah did believe in the silent treatment after all. (The silent treatment is terrible, yall, communication is key.)

What about Sarah and Benjamin's friends? They still talked to each other, of course, but tried not to bring up the situation going on between the 2 people. They never tried to ask the 2 what had happened between them because they didn't want to invade the privacy of the 2, so they kept that question to themselves.

After school, Sarah relaxed on her bed while eating some snacks and watching Netflix on her phone. She had just come back from school and was pretty much still exhausted. Sarah's Mom was in the kitchen singing and dancing while cooking a delicious dinner. Sarah could smell the wide variety of aromas from her room as she snacked down on her chips. All of a sudden, she got a call. It was Bella. (It wasn't Benjamin this time, yall lol)

"Hello?" Sarah said when she answered the call.

"Hey!" Bella replied in her quirky and sweet tone. "I'm just checking in on you as I'm bored out of my mind here," She finished, Sarah chuckling.

"Have you practiced the makeup looks for the play?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, I'm still struggling though," Bella whined, "Can you believe that showtime's in 3 weeks?" Bella asked.

"Tsk, I know it's getting so close, yet they still mess up the notes!" Sarah replied. "Well, Benjamin doesn't, at least," Sarah muttered a bit loudly.

"Hah, you're still down deep for him," Bella exclaimed. Sarah immediately blushed, knowing Bella heard her.

A mini silence occurs between the 2. Bella is hesitant to ask Sarah something but decides to tell her anyways because why not.

"Hey, um, whatever happened between you 2?"

Bella's question immediately made Sarah freeze. (Not literally, but whatever.) She realized that she had forgotten to tell her friends about the things going on between her and Benjamin. Benjamin's friends also seemed clueless about the situation, meaning Benjamin hadn't told his friends either. However, Bella is Sarah's most trustworthy friend, so she should tell the girl.

"Benjamin and I are keeping our distance," Sarah replied shortly after.

"I KNEW IT. Ever since we saw you guys that day-"

"What?"

"Urm- nevermind. But why?" Bella asked, curious.

"Um," Sarah hesitated a bit. "Me and Benjamin were about to kiss when I went to his house 2 Sundays ago," Sarah finished.