10} Argument

Yet again, it was the weekend. Saturday! No school, no annoying students, and no mean teachers. It was break time.

Benjamin was lying on the couch in his living room. He had completely nothing to do since his parents were away at work.

Benjamin sighed. "Why, out of all days, do I have nothing to do!" He whined. He then turned his position, facing downward as he shoved his face into a pillow.

He had a bunch of stuff going on in his mind, especially the fact that he hadn't asked Isabelle out yet. Idiot, idiot, idiot, those words repeating in his mind over and over again. You see, (Dhar Mann vibes) the dude was obviously too scared to talk to the girl, so he stayed quiet the rest of that week. Now he was going to have to ask her on the day of the dance, which, in his mind, seemed embarrassing.

Just as he goes through his mini mental breakdown, his phone rang.

That boy's a liar, that boy's a liar... The ringtone went as he quickly got up to see who it was. It was Isabelle.

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh, his mind went as he picked up the phone. He then quickly practiced his 'I'm totally calm' face before picking it up.

"Heyyy Babe," He said in the weirdest tone anyone could ever hear. He mentally slapped himself as Isabelle stayed quiet for a couple of seconds.

"Uh, hi Benjamin," She finally replied. "Since you're home alone right now, I wanted to check on you," Isabelle finished.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm fineee," He said, clearly not ok.

"Do you... want me to come over?" Isabelle asked, Benjamin face lighting up.

"Yes, please come!" He exclaimed, too excited it freaked Isabelle out.

"Are you sure your ok?" She asked.

"Yes, I am, bye!" Benjamin said fast before quickly hanging up. The dude found this as his chance to ask Isabelle out, but now was super scared about the outcome of it all. He was confident, though. He knew that he got this and would succeed successfully. he was a bit nervous, that's all.

After a while, Isabelle rolled into Benjamin's driveway on her skateboard. Meanwhile, Benjamin was on the couch going through 5 stages of grief. He kept laying down, sitting up, and walked all over the place. The doorbell rang, and his heart stopped beating for a second. After finally processing, he gets up to go answer the door. He opened it contently, revealing his girlfriend, who smiled happily.

"Hey!" Isabelle exclaimed, giving Benjamin a hug.

"Hi Isabelle," Benjamin replied, "C'mon in."

She stepped in to reveal the beautifully clean house. It seemed Isabelle mouth would be left hanging open at any moment right now.

"Geez, every time I come here the place is always spick and spam," Isabelle stated, still admiring the place, "my house is a literal pigsty at the moment!" She finished, the 2 then chuckle.

They went to the living room before taking a seat, staying quiet for a little bit. Benjamin looked like he was ready to tell her, but inside told him he would definitely f%!k up. He finally decided to talk after the silence was going for too long.

"WILL YOU BE MY DATE TO THE VALENTINE'S DANCE?" He hollered, quickly cupping his mouth as Isabelle looked at him surprised. (Not surprised, she was JunSHOOK. Get it kpop fans?)

Sh!t Benjamin mind told him as the 2 awkwardly looked at each other. Then, Isabelle started laughing, Benjamin joining in a bit after her. The 2 laughed so badly, it was great!

"Geez, Benjamin that was harsh!" Isabelle rasped, her voice shuttered as she was still chuckling.

"So, is that a yes?" Benjamin asked, already knowing the answer. (But ya'll know this guy, he gotta know before he assumes.)

"Of course!" She exclaimed happily, before giving Benjamin another tight hug. Benjamin gladly hugged her back, a quiet sigh escaping his lips. He was so relieved that all this pressure could now leave him.

"You know, Sarah was the one that helped me ask you out," Benjamin told Isabelle, who was listening.

"You needed help asking me out? But all you did was ask me," Isabelle replied.

"Well yeah, because she told me to do that. I thought I had to buy flowers, get a big audience, and do it as if I was proposing to you!" He explained, Isabelle chuckling.

"That's what every popular boy thinks about, huh?" She exclaimed, Benjamin chuckled.

"I guess." A small silence came upon them, before Isabelle decided to break it.

"Why do you only ask Sarah about everything?" She asked. She wasn't joking, Benjamin has been telling a bunch of stuff to Sarah lately. If it wasn't on advice, the 2 would be seen just chatting away. Benjamin could sense that Isabelle was clearly a bit uncomfortable. It made him angry, she always talked about this when he spoke with a girl.

"No, Isabelle lemme ask you a question," He exclaimed mad, Isabelle could tell, "Why do you always want to know what I talk about every time I speak with a girl?" He said, his tone getting angrier just saying.

"I'm not speaking about any girl, it's Sarah, Benjamin, Sarah!" She explained annoyed.

"So what about her, huh?!" Benjamin yelled.

"You don't see it? You literally turn to a different person speaking to her! Your bond with her is WAY different than me and yours," Isabelle shouted angrily.

"And so? What do you think I'm gonna do, break up with you and go date her?!" Benjamin shouted back, before immediately regretting saying that. Isabelle didn't say a word.

"I don't get why I can't be a little curious into your conversations, Benjamin," She replied, her tone a bit softer but still angry.

"It's called PRIVACY," He hollered.

"Well if your not dating Sarah I don't see why there should be any PRIVACY!" Isabelle yelled back, before getting up from the couch.

"I should probably go now," She said quietly, before slowly heading for the door. Before she opened it, Isabelle then turned to look at Benjamin, who was slumped against the couch.

"Are we still going to the dance, um.. together?" She asked him, Benjamin turned to see her face. She looked as if she was now sad.

Benjamin got up from the couch and went to Isabelle, who still stood there. Standing in front of her, he then gave Isabelle a big bear hug, Isabelle hugging him back. The hug lasted long and was peaceful, Benjamin giving Isabelle a sweet kiss on the forehead.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you," Benjamin apologized, still hugging Isabelle.

"I'm sorry for being too nosey," Isabelle replied, giving a small chuckle after.

Isabelle then left the house, the 2 saying their goodbyes before she rode away on her skateboard. Benjamin silently closed the door before slowly walking to the living room of his house.

A new file was created in the office inside his brain. He just wondered, Isabelle and him just had their first argument. Their first fight since the start of their relationship. And to only think that they started dating for 2 months, now. Wooo, this is gonna be on his mind for a while.

--------

I exaggerated the beginning of this. Especially Benjamin's worrying on asking Isabelle out. Oop.