08} A Friendly Confession

It was Wednesday. (I'll dance, dance, dance.)

That's right, the middle of the dreaded school week. The hallways were busy as usual, as the bell had rang for lunch. All the students were rushing to get out of their classrooms as the long morning almost had them all snoring fast asleep in their chairs.

Sarah was going faster then she usually did when putting her stuff back in her locker. Apparently, Emilia had called an emergency meeting at their lunch table, which made Sarah worry thinking something bad had happened.

After getting all her essentials needed for lunch, she threw her lock on her locker and ran to the canteen, nearly getting caught by a teacher walking by.

By the time she got to their table, everyone was already seated, anxiously waiting to see what Emilia had to say. For some reason, she was slumped back in a lazy posture, her mood all chill as if there wasn't a care in the world right now.

"Emilia! Hurry up and tell us what's wrong," Sarah exclaimed worried, throwing all her belongings on the table. The rest of the girls nodding, as well.

"Oh, did I get you guys that worried?" Emilia said, now sitting up properly. The girls looked at her now confused as ever.

"What happened, Emilia?" Tessy asked, her tone a bit serious, now.

"Don't worry, nothing is wrong, I just told you it was an emergency so that you'd come right away" She said, the group letting out a huge sigh of relief.

"So, if it isn't an emergency, what happened?" Bella asked.

"Guys, we've been getting to know each other for so long! Yet, we've never hanged out outside of school!" She explained, the girls now listening.

"Okay, now THAT'S a real emergency," Maya joked, the others laugh.

"Maybe we could go to that one café downtown," Sophie says.

"Do you mean 'Sophie's Safe Place?'" Sydney added.

"Yeah, that one!" Sophie exclaims.

"Wow, Sophie, you forget the name of the shop that has YOUR name in it," Sarah dramatically says, the friends laughing after.

"Wait," Maya starts, "Shouldn't we invite Isabelle over, too?" She asked, Emilia eyes rolled.

"Oh, please," She starts, "I've planned saying this before she even went on vacation, then waited the week she left! After I found out she's not coming until next week, I decided to spill out my plans now," She explains, the group nodding in agreement with Emilia.

"So I guess it's official?" Bella asks, Emilia nodding.

"Yes, are you all free this Saturday?" Emilia asks the group.

"Yeah."

"For sure."

"Yup!" They all say together, Emilia smiling.

Perfect, look like now they'll all have something to look forward to for the next few days! (And probably not get the perfect sleep, too!)

Then, the day arrived, it was Saturday. Finally!

Sarah was upstairs in her room getting ready. Maya's Mom had agreed to carpool the whole entire group and was on her way to pick up Sarah, so she had to hurry. Sarah threw on her 'hanging out' clothes, grabbed her small black backpack and put all her necessities in. Phone and charger, wallet, facial kit and more. Simply the main things you'd need when your going out, of course.

"SARAH!" Sarah's Mom yelled, "YOUR GROUP OF FRIENDS ARE HERE TO PICK YOU UP!" She finished. Sarah immediately ran down the stairs, still putting on her shoes.