19} Invitations

•~|Warning: Chapter contains drowning|~•

Monday. It was a terrible day but also the start of another new school week. The school's play was just 2 weeks away now, which meant the teachers who prepped it are beginning to stress a bit. It was a school musical, after all, one people paid to see. If something went wrong, who knows what the consequences would be.

It was lunchtime right now. Since it was beginning to get warmer outside, all the girls had decided to go outside for picnic. The mood and vibes were just perfect here. The classic picnic blanket, the drinks and yummy food, and the friend group chatting away and having fun.

The only person who wasn't present was Isabelle. The group couldn't find her, and since they only had so much time, best decided to just start the picnic up.

However, plans changed quickly, as Isabelle scurried to the group immediately.

"Hey guys!" She ecstatically said, which was unusual for her to do at a time right now considering all the things that happened so far.

"Someone decided to come finally join us," Emilia said in a dramatically blank tone.

"Hah HA," Isabelle laughed in a dramatic  way back, Emilia smirking. "Anyways, I have exciting news!!!" Isabelle started, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Of course you did. You seem too excited today!" Sydney exclaimed, everyone agreeing.

"Yes. Since the school drama production is coming near, I have decided to throw a special pool party at my house with my parents' permission, of course," Isabelle said, beaming every word she said. The girls immediately get excited.

"Wait, a POOL PARTY?!" Maya shouted excitedly.

"YES! I've invited almost everyone in the 8th grade, and it was about time I came to talk to you guys about it." Isabelle explained, all the girls getting really excited now.

"When's the party?" Tessy asked.

"This weekend on Saturday," Isabelle replied.

"Well then. Isabelle, you're sure seeing us there!" Sophie says, Isabelle happy to her feet now.

"Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Isabelle exclaims, the group laughing at her childish excitement. "Anyways, I'll see you guys soon. Gotta run!" Isabelle says, slowly walking away from the group.

"What? You're not gonna come sit with us?" Bella questions.

"I can't right now. I still have about 10 more people to invite!" Isabelle finished, running off now. The girls watched her as she slowly disappeared into the school building.

Bella sighs. "Must be nice to be able to invite everyone so easily to a party," the girl says.

"That's what happens when you date a super popular guy. Instant popularity card right there." Sarah answered, Bella chuckling.

"Speaking of popular guys," Tessy starts, sitting up in a straighter posture and looking directly at Sarah. "How are you and Benjamin getting along?"

Sarah groaned while the other girls focused their attention to Sarah. "Tessy! Me and him are just friends, and that's how far it'll ever be. We can't forget about Isabelle now, right?" Sarah said, the girls going into a hush.

"Well..." Tessy started after the mini silence. "Ugh, you guys are just too cute together, okay? Isabelle and Benjamjn are failing so badly that now people are starting an underrated rumor that it could be you and Benjamin that are dating!" Tessy whined, the other girls laughing at her.

"Rumor? Do people think we're dating?" Sarah asked, confused.

"Of course, Sarah! Your guys chemistry is starting to become better than Isabelle being with Benjamin." Tessy explained.