24} Comfy Bed

Streams of sunshine peered into the room. The bright rays lighting up the area and heating up any areas it made contact with. Birds were chirping lovingly outside, singing songs as they flew around. Tiny bugs also came out and about from being gone for so long during the winter months. The leaves on the trees fully sprouted, looking all fresh and new. The grass sprouted new flowers, those flowers covering the ground like a colorful picnic blanket in shades of pink, orange, yellow, and purple. It was spring. Well, it technically already was spring, but now it truly felt like it. It truly was an amazing thing to see.

Or at least that's how Sarah saw it from her hospital room bedroom, laying in the bed while enjoying the view.

There were 2 big windows in Sarah's room, giving the feel of an Asian classroom after the sunshine peers in. This meant she got lots of sunshine and vitamin D, which was good because she didn't feel too filled with energy today.

Luckily, today was a Sunday, so Sarah didn't have to worry about missing any school work. It had gotten to that point in the school year where missing school would be the absolute end of you, so she hoped she could return, then.

Calmly, Sarah's Mom entered the room with a bowl of cereal and some coffee in her hand. The coffee was most likely for her.

"Good morning, Sarah," Sarah's Mom said in a chill tone, "I got your breakfast ready for you," She finished.

Sarah slowly sat up from where she laid, careful not to mess up the equipment that was on her at the moment.

"Thanks, Mom," Sarah beamed in a calm voice, taking the cereal that was offered for her. It wasn't anything too sweet, as it was just Cheerios.

"How are you feeling?" The woman asked, sitting on the couch in the room. That's where she slept last night when Sarah was admitted.

"Better, but I still feel sluggish," Sarah replied, taking a bite of the cereal.

"Good, good," Sarah's Mom finished, sitting in the spot and enjoying her coffee. She had noticeable eyebags, showing how she barely had good sleep last night.

Sarah was glad her Mom was in a better state than last night... oh, that night was terrible.

Sarah lightly shook her head. Memories of that day needed to be left behind, as Sarah terribly hated them. Being reminded of that day made Sarah feel dreadful, like tiny maggots eating away at her.

Sarah fidgeted with the spoon in her halfway-full cereal bowl. She twisted it left, then right, then mixed it around in the bowl.

Sarah sighed. She desperately missed her friends, especially since she just abandoned them at the party. That was the last time she saw them. If only they were here right now, standing beside her bed and keeping her company. All of them laughing loudly and catching up with one another. That would be nice, especially during a time like this.

Suddenly, the doctor entered the room. Her name was Doc. Bruntendy, she wore glasses and had short brown hair. She held a clipboard in her hands,  which were probably some results on Sarah's health.

"Good morning, guys," the doctor cheerfully said, closing the door behind her.

"Good morning," Sarah and her Mom answered in unison.

"Have you all slept well?" Doc. Bruntendy asked, approaching the bed where Sarah laid.

"Yes," Sarah answered politely.

"Yeah," Sarah's Mom answered while coming to the bed, even though Sarah knew she was lying.

"Good, good.." Doc. Bruntendy replied, nodding slightly, "Anyways, Sarah seems to be in stable condition now as there are no further lung complications we've encountered since she's been admitted. And while her head has a cut, it's only small and didn't even need stitches, so she'll take care of that at home with bandages. Regarding this, she will be able to leave this afternoon," the doctor explained, Sarah smiling widely. She'll finally be able to go see her friends and go home!