03} I Just Got a Brand New Job, E-I-E-I-O~

After 3 and a half long, boring, and tiring classes, it's officially lunch. That's right, all the students are finally free of their mind draining classes for an hour to do whatever they like. They can go eat, whether it's at the canteen or off campus to the nearby street mall. They can go on their phones and socialize. They can go all over the school. They basically can do whatever now!

Sarah, Bella, Maya and Sophie quickly go to their lockers and get out all their belongings. Their phones, lunches and water bottles is just about what they basically bring every lunch.

"Hey! Isn't today the backstage meeting, it's happening at lunch today!" Sarah exclaims, reminding her friends about it.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot!" Bella says, getting her stuff together so that they can go.

"You guys better get there now, then." Maya says, "Every year it seems as if that room is crowded." She finishes.

The 4 say their goodbyes as the group separate ways. Sarah and Bella walking down the terribly long hallway to get to Mrs. Fannel's room for the meeting. The 2 are pretty excited now, I mean, think of all the jobs and things you'd do there.

Just like that, they finally reach Mrs. Fannel's room. Boy, was Maya not wrong. Even though the 2 thought they left pretty early, the room was nearly filled with kids grade 7-9, all laughing and chatting in the seats of the classroom awaiting for their teacher to come and explain he jobs.

Luckily, the 2 9th graders find seats on this cute little table that was perfect for them. They take their seats and wait for the teacher to come.

"Geez, this room is quite crowded," Bella says, "Is there even going to be enough jobs for everyone here?" She worries.

"Stop over-thinking it, Bella" Sarah chuckles, "If this is how many students want to do backstage, I think they'd make enough jobs for them all."

Just as she finishes, Mrs. Fannel comes in with her big notebook. The teacher sure uses that thing to make all her notes of the play.

"Okay students, please quiet down so we can get through this quick!" Mrs. Fannel shouts, getting everyone to hush and quiet down.

"As you all already know, you are all here today to get one of the spectacular jobs here in backstage." She says in her bright and sunny voice, getting everyone's attention now.

"Just before I say the list of all the jobs you can choose, please know that whatever you choose may not be guaranteed," She explains, "So, we'd like you all to choose at least 2 jobs. This way if one of the jobs you choose is too full, you'll be given the other job you chose." She finishes. Some of the student whine, some of them excited, but everyone is pretty much on the same page at this point.

And just like that, she explains all the jobs the students can do. Since the author was a bit lazy on writing this script (Of course.) I'll explain each job in short list form. (You can honestly skip this if you hate reading paragraphs that seem like 5-page essays.)

•Stage Manager. In charge of telling all students where to go and making sure everyone is in their place.

•Wave coordinator. In charge of the 'waves' in the play when waves are needed for the scene. They'll be holding long strips of blue fabric and let them sway back and fourth to create this effect.

•Prop coordinator. In charge of all the props in the show. They make sure all characters that need a prop have it with them before they go on stage and give them new props if they require more than one.

•Set coordinator. In charge of the sets on the stage. They will be the ones that change each set according to the scene that follows.

•Hair and Makeup. These guys will be in charge of getting everyone looking like their character. Putting on the right makeup for them, getting their hair to look like their person, or simply getting them in a wig before they get on stage.