13} Detectives for a Day

The next day after the baking incident, it was another feral Monday. The work, the sweat, the tears all being laid out today as students rushed into Father Leonard Junior High as they prepared to start their long morning classes.

Benjamin placed his things inside his locker. His face showed of plain expression as he didn't feel the best today. His head was still in the mindset of what happened yesterday, and he still wasn't over it. He kept regretting his actions from yesterday and kept thinking of Sarah's words:

"Maybe we should keep our distance for a bit, you know?"

He didn't want to keep a distance from Sarah. He liked Sarah being by his side when his friends or girlfriend wasn't around. He enjoyed chatting and laughing like crazy with her whenever they chatted away. Now, they put a wall in between their friendship. A wall so tall they couldn't get to each other anymore.

Then, he felt 2 arms slide by his waist.

"Hey," Isabelle said happily in a high tone. Benjamin turned around to find his girlfriend holding his waist as she looked straight into his eyes.

"Hi Isabelle!" Benjamin exclaimed before giving the girl a hug.

"I missed you during the weekend," Isabelle announced, leaving her and Benjamin's embrace. "I kept going shopping and all that stuff," She finished.

"Sounds nice, Isabelle," Benjamin replied softly.

"Anyways, I have something to tell you," Isabelle says, Benjamin looking at him confused.

"What's that?"
(Eh-hem."What's that? You want a nose ring? That isn't really my style, but WHO AM I TO JUDGE-" sorry a line from a movie, eh-hem.)

"Sarah sent me a text yesterday about you not being able to bake or cook alone," Isabelle starts, "Do you know what she meant by that?" Isabelle asked.

"Oh, we just decided to bake together, that's all," Benjamin replied shyly, definitely not mentioning the part where he and Sarah almost kissed.

Isabelle nodded, her bright smile dimming a bit. Obviously, this *short motherfuawcker* girl was a bit jealous again. She thought Benjmain should've called her over to hang out instead since they were a thing, you know? It makes more sense, rather than letting him hang with other girls that he could possibly cheat with. Could he cheat on her with Sarah? No, of course not. Benjamin told Isabelle countless times that he loved her and only her, so anything going on in the background seemed impossible. Right? Isabelle really needs to learn how to not overthink yall.

"Anyways, I'll see you later?" Benjamin asked Isabelle. Isabelle nodded and bid the dude farewell as they went their separate ways to class.

Isabelle turned her head and saw Brnjamin walk down the hallway in a way that made him look dull. Benjamin has definitely acted out of the sorts this morning but didn't bother to pay much attention to it.

Isabelle walked down to her class (IN MATERIAL GURL SLAY WALK PERIODDD.) as the morning bell would soon ring, and then she'd have to deal with another angry teacher.

___________________________________________

RING!!!

The lunch bell rang, sending students flying out of their classes as the tiring morning for sure had them go into fatigue.

The girls sat in their usually spot, going on their phones, eating, and chatting away on the most bizarre things. You know, the usual~

Sarah sat with them, of course, but felt a little quieter than normal. She kept zoning out and staring into space before looking back into her phone as her group of friends made lots of noise.