17} Lovesick

It was the next day after Sarah had seen her beloved crush make out with her friend.

That day, she managed to cry herself to sleep and almost didn't realize it. She almost didn't expect what would happen when she got out of bed as she slept pretty early last night.

Sarah didn't know who to even talk to at this point. She didn't want to tell her friends because she didn't want them to worry all weekend about her. She obviously can't tell Benjamin anything because he's occupied, and she also didn't want to tell Benjamin friends as they might get a grudge against him.

The last thing she wanted was her friends to get hated by her own friends just because of her little problems. It hurt watching it happen, but causing enemies in her friend group won't make anything better. So she lay in bed, hopelessly being in a depressed-like state.

DING!

Sarah's phone rang, a notification sparked. Sarah grabbed her phone and checked who wanted to talk to Sarah at the moment. When she checked the notification, she saw that it was Benjamin that texted her.

Sarah ignored it, placing her phone back onto the nightstand before wrapping herself back into her blanket.

*Sniff!* Sarah went, her nose being super runny. She had a mini headache and was coughing a bit. Was this lovesickness? Probably, as just yesterday she was perfectly fine.

DING! DING! DING!

Sarah's phone began to explode. Benjamin really wanted something to say to Sarah, huh? She, on the other hand, wasn't ready to face Benjamin. Yet she knew if she didn't pick up her phone, it would ring countless times.

Sarah picked up her phone and saw all the texts Benjamin had sent.

___________________________________________

Super Hot Monkey 🐒

Benjamin ✨️
Hey Sarah, are you okay?
I saw you crying yesterday at the park.
DID SOMEONE HURT YOU?!
I'll gladly beat them up, ofc 😌
Sarah.
Sarah.
SARAH!!!!!
That's it, I'm coming over whether you like it or not 😤

___________________________________________

Sh!t Sarah said in her mind. Benjamin saw her upset, and now he was coming over. Sarah had absolutely no idea what to do. She didn't want to face Benjamin, but at the same time, she wanted to see him. (Huh? 😃)

Sighing, she threw her phone onto her bed and got up. She was still in the clothes that she wore when taking Sparky on his walk, so she changed into a comfy dog onesie. She then headed to the bathroom to do her normal everyday routine; brushing her teeth, skincare, and moisturizing her hair for the day.

After finishing all that, she went to her bed and flopped on it again, slowly sinking into the mattress.

While Sarah groaned in despair, her bedroom door slowly opened. Someone had entered her room without knocking.

"Whatever happened to knocking," Sarah grumbled, annoyed.

"Geez, what's with the mean tone," Amanda retorted, sitting beside Sarah.

"Are you ok?" Amanda asked, Sarah face still deep down into her mattress.

"Of course I am," Sarah replied sarcastically.