- You Okay, Man? - (Platonic Bandites x TanqR)

This is all platonic, meaning I'm not shipping them, nor was the requester shipping them.

Requested by GeminiGalatic

I was listening to songs like Riptide (Vance Joy), Die For You (Joji), death bed (feat. beabadoobee) [coffee for your head], (Powfu), and Let Me Down Slowly (Alec Benjamin) while writing this.

Feel free to listen to any of those songs while reading this (I highly recommend you listen to Riptide, but think of it as platonic. Or death bed).

I swear I'll finish the Denis x Calixo oneshot next, I just really liked this idea and wanted to write it right now. Plus, the songs I was listening to put me in the mood for it.

By the way, quick mention: they all kinda have dorms within the RB Battles Studio, so all the S3 competitors are currently staying at the studio for a week.

Anyways, enjoy! (Keep in mind this is all platonic.)
_______________________________________________________________

( - TanqR's POV - )
I joined a game of BedWars and pressed the record button tiredly. I didn't necessarily want to record a video right now, but I had to...right?

I just kinda...sat there for a moment, recording and in the game, yet not...saying anything. I took a deep breath. I'd just cut out this part and make it seem like I wasn't tired. That's what I've been doing for the past few days. I queued up for a game of Lucky Block Squads.

I got a tactical crossbow after opening one lucky block. I should've been happy about this, but for some reason...I just wasn't. I shot someone off a bridge and faked a laugh just to make the video better. But my laugh was hollow and tired. It was obvious that I'd faked it.

I suffocated one of my teammates on a bridge with some blocks, but...that wasn't fun either. The whole game just didn't feel right to me. But I kept faking laughter and happiness in order to make better content for people to watch. After all, my videos would be boring if it didn't seem like I was having fun, right?

In about an hour, I was done recording the video. The entire hour had felt like three times the amount of time, and it had been really painful to record that video. That's just as it had been for a few days now. I couldn't even be bothered to edit the video right now, meaning I'd have to delay the upload. I sighed.

I stood up and stretched. Even playing BedWars (or Roblox in general) for an hour was painful to me. I couldn't even imagine grinding the game all day. God, that would be awful. I would suffer so much if I did that.

I went over to my bed and sat down on the edge of it, just kinda zoning out while staring down at the floor. I felt so demotivated and tired, yet I couldn't bring myself to say anything about it to anyone. None of my fans knew. They probably haven't even realized how tired I've been, and how fake all my laughter was.

I thought back to my last video. I actually saw a few comments about some people realizing that I was faking my laughter and happiness—faking having fun. But besides those few people, no one else realized. I guess I'm a pretty good actor, huh?

Suddenly, my door opened. I looked up to see Bandites, one of my friends. We'd known each other for quite a long time, and we both enjoyed playing games like Arsenal and BedWars.

"Hey, you okay, man?" Bandites asked, coming over to sit down beside me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I replied, trying to play it off as the energetic person I usually appeared to be.

"You just seem tired," Bandites told me. "Especially in your videos. So I came to ask if you were doing okay."

"Oh..." is all I could say. "It's just a bit of burnout. I'm sure I'll be fine."

"You sure?" Bandites asked. "You know, taking a break may not be a bad idea right now."

"I can't just leave though, can I? Then my channel would die." I pointed out.

"The burnout will only get worse and worse from here," Bandites said. "You really should take some time off. Haven't you been uploading every single day?"

"Yeah, somewhat." I replied with a shrug.

"I'm here for you, man. You can take breaks whenever you need to." Bandites told me. Underneath my mask, I smiled. This act of kindness meant a lot more to me than Bandites realized.

"Thanks," I said. "Talking about this made me feel more motivated."

"You can talk to me anytime!" Bandites assured me. "I'll always be there for you whenever you're going through a burnout or a tough time."

"You have no idea how much this means to me," I told Bandites. "So thank you. And if you ever need someone to talk to as well, I'm always here."

"Hey, that's what friends are for, am I right?" Bandites commented.

"Yeah," I nodded. "That's what friends are for."
_______________________________________________________________

It's short, I know. But I wanted to write something wholesome before we go back to the ✨✨ANGST✨✨

Denis x Calixo will be my next top priority, I swear.

Word count: 886 words.