- TanqR's Death: Aftermath -

This takes place directly after - A Countdown to My Death -
I highly recommend you read that first, as nothing here will make much sense if you don't read that!

aNyWaYs—
Time for guilt and extreme angst. :D

Sick of U is what I started writing this listening to. Then, I just listened to random BoyWithUke songs lol.
If you do listen to Sick of U, just be warned, cause it has a LOT of swearing. And I mean a LOT. So quick warning for you if you're going to listen to it while reading this.
______________________________________________________

( - Kreek's POV - )
I watched TanqR leave the RB Battles Studio. He seemed to be having trouble keeping his balance, for some reason. Maybe he was just tired or something? I shrugged.

Or maybe this was another plan to get attention? He's been so annoying this week! Just thinking about it made me feel mad. I'm not always like this, I swear—

I decided to follow TanqR, as I didn't hear a vehicle starting up, meaning he'd gone outside for another reason than going home.

Suddenly, before I could move or do anything, I heard a notification come from my phone. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and realized it was a Twitter notification. Not just any Twitter notification, either; it was a Twitter notification from TanqR. He'd posted something. I opened up Twitter to see that...all he'd said was "Goodbye." But why? That made no sense.

I decided I'd ask him about it. I put my phone back into my pocket and exited the RB Battles Studio. I glanced around, but there was no sign of my rival. The only thing I saw was footsteps leading to the side of the road. I began to follow the footsteps, as they seemed recent. As I got closer and closer to reaching the end of the footsteps, surprisingly, I didn't see TanqR anywhere as I looked around. Had I followed the wrong footsteps?

Suddenly, the footsteps ended, and I almost tripped on something (or someone?) on the ground. I looked down and stepped back, annoyed. My breath caught in my throat as I saw who it was who was laying on the ground. It was TanqR.

"Why are you just laying there?" I asked, a bit alarmed. I crouched down next to him, then realized he had his mask off. His face was sickly pale, and it looked like he'd been crying. I practically had a panic attack as I realized he wasn't breathing.

"SABRINA!" I screamed as loudly as I could. After all, we were quite close to the studio. I still had hope that she could save him. But the hope was faint. Sabrina rushed out of the studio and headed over to me with her sword in-hand. I was crying at this point, extremely worried and straight up terrified that my rival (and friend) would die.

"What happened?!" Sabrina exclaimed.

"I don't know!" I cried out. Sabrina crouched down next to TanqR. Her sword glowed. But...after a few minutes, nothing had happened. Sabrina looked up, and her eyes met mine. Sabrina shook her head. "You...you can't...?" I couldn't believe it. Sabrina couldn't heal TanqR. Meaning he was...dead.

"I'm so, so sorry, Kreek. I tried. I really did try." Sabrina apologized sadly.

"But—but what happened?! How did I not notice anything?! This—this is all my fault!" I began to blame myself. Tears slid down my face, and guilt washed over me. "I should've noticed!"

"Kreek, I think he knew he was going to die. There was nothing you could've done." Sabrina told me with a sigh.

"But how could he have known?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," Sabrina admitted. "But didn't you notice how he's been acting this week?"

"Yeah...I did notice." I replied hesitantly. "He's been acting that way ever since..."

"—we got back from the beach." Sabrina finished. Horror filled me. I knew exactly what happened now.

"I know what happened," I choked out. "And it's all my fault."

"Kreek, it's not—" Sabrina started.

"It is!" I insisted, cutting her off. "The reason why TanqR didn't want to go into the water was because it can kill him! I don't know how or why, but I know that's what happened! Then I dragged him in!"

"Kreek, you didn't know," Sabrina pointed out. "So stop blaming yourself!"

I just sobbed at this.

I stood next to TanqR's grave, tears running down my face. I'd made to sure to come once a week. And every time, I would apologize. I'd apologize for getting him killed. It's all my fault, and I know it.

Hoopie would occasionally come with me, but she'd make no attempt to comfort me. Heck, she wouldn't even say anything. But she was visibly upset, even though she was also wearing a mask. Not her usual purple and black mask, either—she'd switched to wearing TanqR's mask.

I swear I'd hear his voice sometimes, as if the world were taunting me and repetitively reminding me of what I'd done. I hated it, but at the same time, it was nice to hear his voice again, even if I was just imagining it. The days felt...empty without TanqR. There was no one to tease me out of the rest of the finalists, and no one who'd compete with me so confidently and competitively like he did.

Kayla kept trying to assure me it wasn't my fault, and she kept trying to comfort me. But nothing worked. I'd even have nightmares about relieving that same terrible week over and over again, yet I was unable to prevent TanqR's death each time. And everything was my fault.

Myself and a few of TanqR's closest friends were affected the most by this. I didn't know his friends too well, but I'd seen them visiting his grave many times. It just reminded me of the fact that it was my fault that TanqR was dead.

It was all. My. Fault.
______________________________________________________

Poor Kreek, but at the same time, A N G S T .

I didn't have too much time to work on this before school, so sorry if this was a bit rushed and/or short (shorter than usual, at least).

Word count: 1048 words.