- Dead Inside - (Aftermath of Death Bed)

HostAngel wanted a part 2, so here we are. If you haven't read the "Death Bed" oneshot, I highly suggest you go read that before reading this, as it takes place right after Death Bed, and you probably won't understand this unless you read Death Bed first.

Songs I'll be listening to while writing this (in this exact order):
Another Love - Tom Odell
Arcade (feat. FLETCHER) - Duncan Laurence
Older - Alec Benjamin
Experience - Ludovico Einaudi
Echo - Alexander Stewart
Loafers - BoyWithUke
Riptide - Vance Joy
Die For You - Joji
Let Me Down Slowly (feat. Alessia Cara) - Alec Benjamin
Rockstar - BoyWithUke
death bed (feat. beabadoobee) - Powfu
Dancing Down Below (feat. ZaBlackRose) - Apangrypiggy
I Love You So - The Walters

Anyways, with that stuff out of the way, let's begin.
________________________________________________________

( - Kreek POV - )
I woke up in...a cemetery. Wait, what? That's...definitely not normal. I stood up and glanced around, but upon first glance, I didn't see anyone nearby.

Until I spotted someone standing in front of a gravestone. I couldn't properly see who they were because they had their back facing me. All I could tell was that they were wearing all black, along with white shoes covered in mud. The person held red flowers in one hand, which I quickly recognized as my favourite flower: roses.

Did one of their loved ones die? I wondered. That's...sweet, though, bringing flowers to their loved one's grave. Well, I think it's a loved one. It could just be a close friend. I'm gonna get closer and see. I decided. I knew it was a bit disrespectful, but if this person was sad, maybe I could comfort them.

I walked up to the person. They turned around to face me. I recognized the person the second they turned around. It was...my rival (friend?), TanqR. What was he doing here?

To my surprise, he said nothing. Heck, his eyes seemed to see through me or something. I waved my hand in front of his face, but he didn't blink, nor did he react.

"Helloooo...?" I called. Still no reaction.

TanqR turned back around to face the gravestone. I stepped up next to him. If he was gonna ignore me, then that was fine. It's not like I care.

Suddenly, I noticed the name imprinted on the gravestone. It was my own name.

What? How is that possible?! I thought, confused and bit alarmed. I didn't die! I would've remembered that if I did, right? But then...that would explain why I woke up here.

"Kreek...why did you have to die?" TanqR spoke up. His words were barely a whisper, and when I glanced at him, I noticed that...he was crying. He was crying...over my death? But I thought he didn't care about me. After all, we're rivals. I've never seen him cry before, so why would he do so now? "I never even...got a chance to tell you. And now I never will." TanqR said. He set the flowers down next to my grave.

What? Tell me what? I wondered. What more is there to tell me? I don't understand.

"Well, I guess it's...time for me to go. Hoopie is gonna be worried. Bye, Kreek. I'll come back tomorrow, I promise." This was weird. TanqR's voice sounded so...quiet and well...sad. I'd never heard him like this before. Had he been coming to visit my grave every day? Is that really...how much I meant to him?