- Lost - (Murdered Aftermath)

Please go read the aftermath oneshot that LivMyLife2 wrote first!

Ship indications: (you can see it however you want I guess, it can be platonic or romantic depending on if you ship it or not. But I'm making it seem more romantic. Your choice though)
Hoopie x TanqR

Romantic ships (guaranteed mention romantically):
Kayla x Kreek
DJ x Sabrina

TW: some triggers from Murdered mentioned (just go read the TW in the prologue of Murdered, I'm tired—)
______________________________________________________________________

( - Hoopie's POV - )
It's been...god knows how long since I've seen TanqR. I hope he's doing okay. It's 2024 now. He never even responded to my messages, which I sent through text and through Discord. But I got no reply—nothing. Is he mad at me? Ignoring me? Or...is he sick? I really don't know. I'm starting to get worried. It's been almost a year.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. Startled, I jumped up from my place on the couch. Maybe TanqR had come to visit me, maybe to apologize for ignoring me for so long? I rushed to the door and grabbed the handle, flinging it open. I was disappointed to notice four people standing at the door, all who I recognized. But none of those people were the person I was hoping to see.

"What is it?" I questioned in a friendly tone.

"There's...some news we thought you needed to hear." Devoun—one of the four people—told me.

"Okay. Come inside." I invited them. Devoun, Koneko, IBella, and PinkLeaf all entered my house. I led them over to the living room. I sat down in one of the chairs, PinkLeaf, IBella, and Devoun took the couch, and Koneko sat down in another one of the chairs.

"I'm assuming it's been a year since you've heard from TanqR, right?" Koneko checked, turning to me.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I replied.

"Because...this may be hard for you to hear, but..." Bella spoke up. "TanqR is dead."

"What?!" I exclaimed, shocked. Stunned, almost. Dead...? But—but how? When...? Who...? What? I felt tears pricking the corners of my eyes, but I brushed them away with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"I—I got him killed. I'm sorry." PinkLeaf looked down at the floor, ashamed. "I made some really bad decisions and trusted someone I shouldn't have, and then they convinced me to...to kill all the finalists." Noticing my accusing and dismayed look, PinkLeaf quickly continued. "I didn't kill him, though. But it's still my fault. I fatally injured him, which caused him to die when the building collapsed because he couldn't make it out in time. I'm so, so sorry..."

"Get out." I glared at PinkLeaf. Without another word, he stood up and left. He knew what he'd done. Guilt and shame filled his gaze. But I didn't feel bad for him. Not at all. He—he got TanqR killed. And many others, too—after he left, Koneko explained the rest of the story.

A murderer doesn't belong in my house. Especially someone who killed my best friend. I wish I could've been there. Maybe I could've saved TanqR and prevented a bunch of incidents and deaths. But I didn't. I wasn't there. I wasn't even there to witness my best friend's death.

"I—I need some time to myself." I choked out soon enough. And then I fled the living room, hurrying to my own room and slamming the door. I locked it to ensure that no one would come in to check on me. And then I started to cry. It hurt. Losing your best friend hurt so much, especially when you know there's nothing you could've done because you weren't there to even witness his death.

What do I do?

( - Kayla's POV - )
When the news got out, I was horrified, shocked, grief-stricken. I cried my eyes out that day, missing my boyfriend so, so much. He was my life, my joy. I'd often hear him yelling in his stream, and sometimes I'd even join him, or enter his room to bring him snacks. He loved poptarts so much that it hurt to even look at the leftovers of them, which lay on the counter in the kitchen.

I now found myself sobbing into my pillow, tears streaming down my face to soak the bedsheets below me. I screamed, wishing desperately that Kreek were here with me. It hurt; a deep, unfixable hole in my heart that I feared would never glaze over. I heard voices in my head, mindless whispers that would never leave. They wouldn't leave me like Kreek did. But I'm afraid that's not a positive thing.

"Why?" I whispered. "Why did you have to leave me? I never even got a chance to say goodbye..." I choked out. I sat up, my hair a mess, a beanie similar to the one Kreek used to always wear sliding off my head. This only made me sob harder, my tears a river, my heart an empty hole.

"Kayla...I'm sorry." a familiar voice whispered, along with a ghost-like sob. I spun around immediately, only to faintly see a shadow of my deceased boyfriend disappear.

"Kreek...?" I whispered, my voice hardly a whisper. I stared at the spot I swore I had just seen Kreek in. Inside, I longed to see him again, to hear his voice, to hold his hand, to hug him, make him promise never to leave me. Call me clingy or whatever, but...

You'd be like this, too, if your boyfriend died, and there was nothing you could do to save him.

Because you weren't even there to witness his death.

And as of the people who did?

I HATE THEM. THEY GOT HIM KILLED. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN!

NEVER. AGAIN!
______________________________________________________________________

Explanation on why Kayla kept repeating "never again":
She's saying she'll never trust PinkLeaf and Bella ever again. Yeah, simple—

I ALMOST CRIED WHEN WRITING THIS—

Word count: 1000 words.