- I Can't Stay Away - (SabiGiyu Comfort Oneshot/Story)

I love this ship so much—

And yes, this is a Demon Slayer ship. This contains slight S1 spoilers, as well as a bit of Giyu's backstory.
If you don't want spoilers, feel free to skip this (or if you don't know what Demon Slayer is, and you're an RBB fan).

This is an AU where Sabito survives final selection, but he stays away from everyone to give himself time to recover. Giyu still becomes Water Hashira, and misses Sabito.

I'm currently reading the 23rd Demon Slayer manga book, so don't worry about spoiling anything for me in the comments. Anyways, let's get on with the oneshot. :D

It'll mainly be fluff (not the sus kinda, just the hugging and comfort kind of fluff).
_______________________________________________________________

( - Sabito's POV - )
I'd heard news about a new water hashira around here somewhere. It was recent news, too. To be fair, water breathing was one of the easiest breathing styles to learn, but how could someone have become hashira so quickly? Now that's what confused me.

My mind soon wandered to Giyu, who was also a water breathing user. I wonder how he's doing now? I hope he's still alive. I really, really hope he's still alive. I have no idea what I'll do if he's dead. A pang of guilt suddenly struck me. I left Giyu for years. I really should've come back to him, but I just...I couldn't find the courage to face him again.

Suddenly, a massive, humanoid creature lunged out of the bushes at me. It tackled me to the ground and held me down before I could react. Dammit, I'd zoned out again! Uh-oh, what do I do now?? I can't pull out my sword. I can't believe I zoned out like that! Especially whilst thinking about my childhood best friend...

Before the demon looming over me could strike down, I heard footsteps. A person leaped out of the bushes and beheaded the demon in the blink of an eye.

I barely heard a masculine voice say, "Water breathing." I didn't manage to hear what form he'd used, unfortunately. I stood up as soon as I could, drawing my sword defensively.

Oh, so is this the new water hashira? I wondered. I covered my mouth to hold back my gasp of surprise as I recognized the person. Black hair, ocean-blue eyes, a half-red haori. The new water hashira...was Giyu Tomioka, my childhood best friend. I smiled.

I'm proud of you, Giyu. I thought.

Giyu turned around, and his eyes widened.

"Sabito...?" Giyu asked slowly. I took the initiative first and hugged Giyu. "Where...have you been?" Giyu exclaimed in a monotone voice. His low voice was hardly recognizable anymore.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't ready after I barely survived final selection..." I admitted guiltily.

"I thought that you died, Sabito." Giyu's voice cracked, allowing some emotion to enter his voice.

"I know, and I'm sorry for that. But I'm here for you now, okay? I could never stay away..." I murmured softly in Giyu's ear. God, I missed him so much. All the pain of staying away from him for years punched me in the face all at once.

"That means that you'll become the water hashira now." Giyu said.

"What about you?" I questioned worriedly, a bit confused.