- Rebellion - (Demon Slayer Uppermoon AU)

TW: Un-cannon personalities, descriptive gore, Akaza backstory spoilers, Mugen Train Arc spoilers, Gyutaro & Daki's backstory spoilers, murder/violence

( - Third Person POV: Gyutaro - )
Gyutaro had been called by Lord Muzan—along his sister, Daki, who used to be called Ume—to the Infinity Castle for an unknown reason. Little did he know, Gyutaro was about to find out a sliver of just how cruel Lord Muzan could be.
Gyutaro instantly bowed, sensing Lord Muzan's presence. Daki copied Gyutaro's action, understanding what was about to happen—and who was about to enter the room.

Muzan stepped into the room, glaring down at Gyutaro and his sister.

"Do you two know why you have been summoned?" Muzan questioned. When neither Uppermoon Sixes replied, Muzan continued. "Take a guess."

"I don't know, Lord Muzan." Daki spoke up.

Muzan, seemingly ignoring Daki's answer, turned to Gyutaro directly. "Gyutaro, I have noticed that Daki has been holding you back. Therefore, I must kill her."

"What?!" Daki shrieked.

"No!" Gyutaro objected impulsively before he could stop himself. Muzan was going to kill his sister?? No! He couldn't! Daki was the only reason Gyutaro had become a demon—to protect his sister! Muzan couldn't kill Daki! He couldn't!

Gyutaro could only watch in horror as Muzan slaughtered his sister, just like the coldblooded killer he had become over the thousands of years he'd been alive.

As Gyutaro was dismissed, a plan began forming in his mind.

He was going to overthrow Muzan.

( - Third Person POV: Akaza - )
"Akaza-dono! Akaza-dono!" Douma repeated. Upper Moon 2 stood to Akaza's left, continuously repeating his name and bothering him. Akaza was growing increasingly frustrated as Douma continued. What could he possibly want??

"Akaza-dono! I have something to tell you!" Douma told Akaza cheerfully. Akaza, finally done with Douma's crap, spun around and punched the Upper Moon 2 in the head. Douma's head was completely destroyed, blood spewing from Douma's neck.

"You shouldn't do that." a familiar voice warned from behind Akaza. He froze, noticing who it was that stood behind him. It was Upper Moon 1, Kokushibo. But before Akaza knew it, Kokushibo was gone once more. Douma's head soon regenerated, appearing with a hurt look on his face. Akaza turned away from him, still really annoyed.

"That was quite rude, Akaza-dono." Douma commented. Akaza ignored him. "Akaza-dono, my best friend, I have something to tell you!"

"SHUT UP!" Akaza turned on Douma finally. Douma had "accidentally" really pissed off Upper Moon 3. "What is it, anyways?" Akaza asked.

"I'm glad you asked, Akaza-dono!" Douma replied, smiling. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "Gyutaro wants you to join his rebellion!"

"Rebellion?" Akaza echoed, lowering his voice as well to match Douma's. "What rebellion?"

"Lord Muzan killed Daki, the second Upper Moon 6, so now Gyutaro—the first Upper Moon 6–wants revenge!" Douma explained.

"So you're asking me to betray Lord Muzan?" Akaza asked in disbelief.

"Yep!" Douma replied.

"Never." Akaza declined simply.

"You're not going to be a snitch, are you, Akaza-dono? Remember, snitches get stitches!" Douma reminded Akaza mischievously.

Before Akaza could reply, he heard the strum of a familiar instrument. Nakime, Upper Moon 4, uses a biwa to control the Infinity Castle on Lord Muzan's orders.

Akaza bowed instantly to Lord Muzan. "Lord Muzan, you summoned me?"

"Yes. Akaza, I heard you failed to kill the boy with the earrings. Is this true?" Muzan demanded coldly.

"Yes, it is, Lord Muzan. But I assure you, he's just a weakling—" Akaza started to explain.

"Don't make excuses." Muzan warned furiously. Akaza didn't dare to look up into those murderous red eyes.

Muzan grabbed Akaza by the throat and flung him into the wall. The wall behind Akaza broke, causing him to slam into another wall, which also broke. Nothing slowed the momentum Muzan had thrown Akaza at as the Uppermoon crashed into wall after wall. As Akaza finally crashed into a wall that didn't break, some sort of...human woman appeared in front of him.

"Hakuji-san, please don't continue like this," the woman whimpered. "Please, stop this!" she pleaded. For some reason, she seemed...familiar, in a way. "Hakuji-san!" the woman cried out, collapsing to her knees and hugging Akaza. Suddenly, memories slammed into Akaza all at once. Koyoki...Akaza's wife from when he was human—no, Hakuji's wife. That—that was his human name.

A/N: *SOBS IN SHIPS-AKAZA-X-RENGOKU-BUT-HAS-TO-WRITE-THIS-FOR-THE-SAKE-OF-THE-PLOT*
(A/N over lol)

"Koy...uki." Akaza said slowly. He stared at the woman before him. She sobbed, then disappeared. "KOYUKI!" Akaza yelled, standing up and staring at the spot in which his deceased wife had just been sitting.

"Is something wrong, Akaza-dono?" Douma asked. Akaza shook his head, then turned to look at the taller Uppermoon.

"On second thought, I'd like to join Gyutaro's rebellion."
_________________________________________________________________________

Random AU I came up with lol
May write more on this, idk
Again, ran out of ideas
And I wanted to post something—

Explanation:
When Akaza regained his memories, he realized just how horrible Muzan was. Especially with Koyuki pleading for him to stop killing people, Akaza decided to take her advice.

With Douma, I view him as an older brother figure to Gyutaro and Daki, or as a father figure to them. So that's why Douma agreed to join Gyutaro's rebellion.

Do you guys like the Demon Slayer oneshots, or should I go back to only RBB or RYT-related oneshots? I'd genuinely like to hear you guys' opinions.

Word count: 936 words.