Chapter 5

A/N: If you have any suggestions for this book, let me know:) I would really appreciate it, even though I do have a plan of my own I love reading your comments. And tell me if you like it, so I know whether to continue or not. Two comments and two votes before I continue. I know I did not listen to that last time, but I will stick to it now.

What are y'all's favorite bromances? Please comment!

P.S. Yes, the photos on the side of the chapters usually have nothing to do with the story and are mostly just 1D things I liked...

Chapter 5:

*Delia's P.O.V.*

I sat in the lobby of the hotel, nervously braiding and unbraiding my hair as I waited impatiently. I knew One Direction were in the conference room down the hall, speaking with management. I tried to imagine how they would react to being told that everything their lives had been before was about to change because I was joining the band. In my mind, they did not react well, but I could at least hope that they would understand it was not my choice, and we could be friendly about this. As soon as I saw them, I swore to apologize so they understood, and maybe we could just get along, since we had no choice about working together.

"You can't do this!"

"That's crazy!"

"We won't allow this!"

The yelling floated down the hallway to my ears, and I flinched. The voices sounded familiar. Slowly, I stood and crept down the hall to the closed conference room doors, tiptoeing just in case they heard me, but nothing could be heard over the yelling.

"What makes you think this is a good idea?" said a voice that was definitely Louis'. I pressed my ear up against the door to catch the response.

"People already love her. If it looks like we, you mostly, love her, too, as a member of your band, then there will not be a person out there who could say a bad thing about you." said the undeniable ice cold voice of Richard Griffiths.

"First of all, that is absolute rubbish." declared Louis.

"Second," continued a slow, deep voice, Harry. "How can we love her if she is stealing our jobs, practically?" I winced at his statement. I did not feel like I was stealing anyone's job, considering they were the talented pop stars people adored, but I knew why he said it. However, it still hurt.

"She is not stealing anyone's job, boys." said Harry Magee. "Delia is saving it. This will be a wonderful thing if you would just accept it."

"Might as well," added the other man. "You have no choice. You signed a contract. I own the band, and have the right to change it as I please."

"This is insane!" Niall yelled, stringing on curse words as he explained his feelings on the matter, very loudly. He looked so cute on stage, who would have known he had such a bad mouth?

Something muffled his words as Zayn said, "Shut it, Ni!"

"Can't we at least talk about it?" suggested another boy, who must be Liam. "Consider the options a bit more?"

Mr. Griffiths chuckled darkly, " My associates and I have already talked about it. There is nothing left to consider because it is all done and settled. You have no options. Delia is signed with us, and she will be the new member." His tone was strict, leaving no room for argument.

There was silence for several seconds, and I heard the squeak of chairs like someone was sitting back down. I pressed my ear harder against the door, straining as an unrecognizable voice said, "She will stay in your suite while we are in London, I suggest you take that chance to get to know your new bandmate. The five of you will take her to the studio so she can be trained and get in a few hours of practice, tomorrow afternoon. Richard will announce over a broadcast the good news, and Sunday you will be interviewed by Sugarscape on how you are adjusting."