Chapter 18

A/N: I AM SO SORRY THAT IT"S BEEN SO LONG!!!! I'm also sorry that this isn't as long as my usual chapters, but I was busy, and have summer work and I'm just sorry. But hopefully you like it:) BECAUSE I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!

 Song on the side is Crash by You Me At Six, and though its a slow song, this chapter is anything but boring;)

COMMENT
VOTE
FAN

Chapter 18

  *Delia's P.O.V.*

 I ran without stopping, allowing my feet to carry me down hallyways and up flights of stairs that were unfamiliar. I halted for a breath only when I realized I was thoroughly lost in this hotel. Panting for air, and leaning over to breathe deeply, I realised what I had done. I had turned Harry down and ran off without any further explanation, leaving him hurt, and possibly angry. I regretted the way I had fled from the scene, but the answer to Harry's question had not been a mistake. I needed to think things through before I allowed myself to make any more attachments or commitments to the curly-haired boy.

 I glanced around the hallway I was in, seeing the breakfast room door a little ways down, and across from me was a kitchen, people bustling around visible through the tiny window. Needing help to get back, I pushed the door open and found myself in a sauna-like room, filled with steam and the smells of cooking meats. A woman, mid-carrying a pot of boiling water to the sink, stopped and looked me up and down.

 "I hope you aren't here to steal more food from us." she said menacingly.

 "I just wanted help getting back to the lobby..." I trailed off as the woman scowled.

 Nodding her head behind her, she said, "Get those mongrels to take you back up when they leave, which they should be doing now." She left without giving me a second glance, and I frowned in the wake of her unpleasantness.

 I walked farther into the kitchen, to find the "mongrels" she was referring to and almost burst out laughing when I found a boy with chocolate eyes speaking with an annoyed looking chef, a smaller, blue eyed boy beside him.

 Louis spotted me walking towards them and groaned, rolling his eyes, "Are you following me?" he asked, but I ignored him.

 When the chef in front of them, began yelling in a thick accent, Liam recoiled and noticed me standing there. "Hey, Dels." he greeted, forgetting the fact that he was being screamed at. "I thought you were in a meeting with management. Why are you all the way over here?"

 "I got lost coming back from it and figured someone in here could help me get back." I sighed in exasperation. "But no one here seems very helpful."

 "You're telling us!" Louis exclaimed in his usual loud tone, as he snarled at the chefs around us. "All Li and I wanted was a big pot of milk and a raw chicken. How is that so hard?" He then turned and began telling the French chef where he could shove the chicken he would not be receiving.

 "Why do you two need that stuff?" I questioned dubiously.

 Liam shrugged and replied. "Just a little prank we wanted to pull on Public Relations." He waved it off like it was no big deal. "So how was management? Are they blackmailing you to dye your skin green or something ridiculous like that?"

 I snorted and shook my head. "Management wasn't there. They didn't want me for a meeting."

 "But Zayn-"

 "Zayn was lying." I cut him off. "Listen, I'll tell you what happened later, okay?"

 It was his turn to look at me curiously now, but he agreed and grabbed Louis' arm to pull him out of the kitchen. He argued and resented the entire time as he was dragged out, but as soon as the door shut behind me there was an audible sigh of relief from the entire kitchen crew.