Chapter 13

A/N: So this has to be the longest chapter I have ever written in my life. It sort of sucks, in my opinion, but I hope you like it nonetheless. Please make sure you read my author's note at the end. I haven't edited this yet, so don't hate me...

Chapter 13

*Niall’s P.O.V*

  I winced at the insults floating out from under the bathroom door. Delia was being a little hard on Harry, but he seemed to not cut her much slack. Those two were almost as bad as when Delia and Louis went at it. Hopefully, I would never experience the full brunt of Delia’s rage, because hearing it was frightening enough.

  She had gone out of her way to stand up for me though back at the London airport, so maybe she liked me. That was a nice thought…

  “Hey, Niall?” Liam said, and snapped me out of my daydreams.

  “Yea?” He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the seat beside him so we could talk privately. Not like anyone would be listening to us, though, anyway, as Harry and Delia argue.

 “Hey, I need to ask you a, um, favor.”

  “Anything, mate.” I said and left off the next few words: because you have done plenty of favors for me. Beginning with keeping what I did a couple years ago a secret. I knew Zayn also knew, but I was pretty sure he hated me for it, and if the other two found out, then I would be killed. I just did not think, and I was of course drunk, again, because we had not won the X-Factor. It was illegal for me to drink at the time, but that woman did not even care as she started to ask me questions. I shivered at the memory and turned my attention back to my mate.

  “Do you think you could talk to Louis about something for me?”

 “About what?”  I heard another shouted insult from Delia, this one a real burn about money and brain cells. I turned around to look at Louis just in time to see him grab the blankets and pillow in his and Harry’s seat before throwing them to the ground angrily.

  “About that.” Liam replied, watching Louis’ rage with sadness. “He’s been acting really weird with Harry, and I just wanted to see if you could talk to him for me.”

  “Of course I can.” I said with no hesitation. “But why can’t you talk to him?”

  Liam sighed, running a hand over his shaved head, “Because I’m friends with Delia, and he hates that. I doubt he will be telling me anything anytime soon.”

  I bit my lip before saying, “Why are you her friend, Liam?”

  He opened his mouth to reply, but shut it with a snap. He looked away for a second as he thought, then his brown eyes met mine intensely. “Delia isn’t like you think. She’s nothing like you think she is.”

  I shook my head. I did not want to know what he meant, for it sounded like something I did not want to know about. They were always whispering to each other, and Louis had told me they snuck off to the terrace last night when I was drunk. I wanted to say that I knew Liam would never do that, but I felt like I did not know any of my band mates anymore, so how could I put it beneath him? All this keeping secrets, sneaking around and fits of rage were not us. And if it was how we were going to be now, then I did not want to be a part of it.

  “Especially today.” I heard Harry say and then he walked back into view. Immediately, Louis’ arms were open and Harry walked into them, pulling both him and Louis into their seats to cuddle together. They did that all the time, so I have no clue why I found it weird this time.

  I went back to my own seat after an assuring nod to Liam that I would talk to Lou later. A few seconds after, Delia exited the bathroom and returned to her own seat, but not before shooting a glare at the snuggled up pair. I could see clearly how red her eyes were and momentarily wondered if she had been crying, but then decided that if she was the one doing all the yelling then it she would not be that upset.