Chapter 14

A/N: Sorry, I’ve taken so long to update. School is over Wednesday so I will get more time to write. I haven’t edited yet, so excuse my mistakes.

  Hope you enjoy:)

Chapter 14

"What do you mean sending an emergency helicopter would be illogical?" I could hear Liam ask from the seat behind us. It was surprising I heard anything over the yelling from down below, which had not let up for the past twenty minutes we have been stuck here.

 "Well, a helicopter is a much better idea then going through that mob, Paul." Liam was looking frustrated, while I was feeling terrified. I had bad experiences with One Direction mobs, and the simple memory of the black clothes and chanting sent shivers down my spine. While the Ferris wheel was stuck, we were safe, but eventually we would have to get back to the ground, and Liam's helicopter idea was a sure failure.

  "Have you see how many are down there?" Liam sighed. "No, I can't see you from here I'm a hundred feet in the air!"

  It was almost amusing to watch the frustration cross Liam's face as he spat sarcastic comebacks to our tour manager. I was worried, too, but I had unfailing optimism that we would almost surely not be killed by the mob. Admittedly, I was still scared and shaking, but I knew to hope for the best.

 "I apologize for my tone. That was uncalled for."

 I giggled at Liam's regretful voice, and turned to find Harry giving me an odd look.

 "Delia, what could possibly be funny in this situation?" He sounded tired and annoyed. "Please tell me."

 I shrugged, trying to hide the smile developing on my face as I turned away. "Nothing is funny, Harry. This situation is just..."

  "Just what?" He asked harshly, seeming a little aggravated by my barely suppressed giggles.

  "Well, imagine the headlines tomorrow." I held up my hands like a reporter. "' One Direction trapped on Ferris wheel in terror of fans'. Sorry, but I find this the tiniest bit... ridiculous." Harry tried to bite back his smile, by holding his lower lip between his teeth, but eventually the laugh won out and spilled from his mouth.

  The high-pitched cackle coming from the man beside me was so cute and hilarious that I joined in on the laughter and soon we were both laughing hysterically. I was pretty sure that nothing was actually funny, but we were laughing because it was the only way to release the tension and forget what the situation was. And it worked, too, until-

  “Oi, what’s so funny?” Louis questioned, his head angled up and backwards to see us from his chair.

  “Nothing… at all… Lou.” Harry said between deep breaths, trying to recover from laughing.

 “How are you laughing about this?” asked Niall, cocking his head similar to Louis. “This isn’t something to smile about, you two.”

 My grin never faltered before Louis said, “Well, Delia’s happy that her plan worked for the second time. Get One Direction into a crowded area then have them mobbed by fans for her own publicity. She succeeded once again. But two thumbs up for the creativity of the Ferris wheel, though.”

  Felling anger pound through my veins, I wrenched the metal lap bar up and got to my feet, the chair swinging wildly from the motion. “You don’t know what you’re talking about, Louis.” I snarled loudly so he could hear.

  “Oh, but don’t I?” Louis said, hitching an eyebrow as he smirked.

  “No!” I almost shrieked. “But you won’t see past that will you?”