Chapter 8

A/N: I have really enjoyed writing this, and it is the first book that I have not gotten bored with after the first thirty pages. If you enjoy reading this then don't forget to tell me, because it means a lot to me. Video on the side is the first One Direction video I ever watched, adn the reason I started loving them.

Vote if you still love those boys at the bottom of the stairs:)

Chapter 8:

*Delia's P.O.V.*

I had been working with Savan and Helene for hours now, learning and practicing every One Direction song on their two albums. The two trainers had first had me do some exercises to test my vocal range and were quite impressed to find that I went from a medium alto to high soprano. When they had asked me which songs on the new album I would like to sing first they were shocked when I honestly told them I did not know a single title. I knew the tune of many of them from the concert, but they were brand new to me when I attempted to sing through them. It was still not apparent to anyone that I was not a fan.

Eventually, I was able to sing through at least half of them on my own without the sheet music, and the rest I would get more familiar with the more often I listened to them. I found, during the three and a half hour rehearsal, that I actually enjoyed their music. Most were upbeat and lively, but were completely relatable and made you just want to get up and dance. And to Savan and Helene's amusement I actually did begin dancing to one of them in the sound booth, but I was quickly dismissed with the words, "You're just like them. You suck at dancing." The music I had usually listened to were either the classics, like The Beatles, or the Indie Rock groups like Mumford & Sons or Imagine Dragons. The One Direction songs had an interesting vibe to them that reminded me of all sorts of different music genres, and it made me wonder what kind of music the boys listened to. Although I knew Liam enjoyed a little Celine Dion every once in a while.

The boys had not joined the practices, having their own work to do, but I was told that they had left for lunch with family and friends. It had disappointed me that I would not be able to visit any of my family all the way back in Alabama, or even see Tori for that matter, but after working almost completely through lunch Savan and Helene had invited me to join them at a small cafe' up the street.

Now, we sat at a table in the corner, in a cozy little shop with copies of famous artwork hung on the bright red walls, and black leather seats scattered around the room. We chatted about our favorite music groups and who should get what on the charts, and I munched happily on a sandwich, really enjoying the afternoon I was having. It felt good to work on something so hard like that, especially when I came to enjoy it, and I liked being able to take a short break in this warm little cafe' after it. I was just beginning to think a life like this would not be half bad when the shop owner rushed over to the television hung on the wall and quieted the entire place.

"Here it comes." Helene said with a smile that should have soothed me, but my returned smile was fake. Here comes the announcement I have been dreading, the one I wished I could have prevented from happening. However, Modest Management owned my image, and my career and I had no choice but to be apart of all of this.

As Richard Griffiths spoke into the mic on screen Savan slid a comforting hand on my shoulder and grinned, like he was excited to hear the news. My heart pumped wildly into my chest as the man from Modest built the suspense on the announcement, slowly raising the question on everyone's lips: What is he going to be doing with the mystery girl? I heard him say that I was spectacular, a vision in a dream, someone every will fall in love with, but it did not feel like he was referring to me, becasue I could not be all those things. I would surely be a disappointment to everyone when they discovered who I truly was.