Chapter 12

A/N: Hey guys, I mean girls... I'm guessing you are all girls... but anyways! I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!! Just wanted you to know. I appreciate all of your comments and votes and you just do not know who much they mean to me every time I see them. I hope you enjoy this chapter, though you may hate it because... well, you will see;)

Dedicated to jenkayas1 for being the first to comment favorite part of the last chapter. She is absolutely amazing, guys/girls!

  Chapter 12:

  There were several seconds of tense silence before Liam said, “Come out on the terrace with me.”

  I hung up the phone in my hands without a single word to the people on the line, climbed out from underneath the covers, and slipped on a sweatshirt. I followed Liam out of the bedroom door obediently, and to my surprise found Niall slumped against the wall outside of it. He was giggling and his cheeks were flushed a darker red than usual, his shirt completely unbuttoned.

  His unfocused eyes found me and a drunken grin appeared on his lips. “Hey, Harry, “he said to me. “I think your hair has gotten a little out of control. You need a haircut, mate.”

 Liam sighed at his friend’s behavior. I smiled down at Niall and said, “It’s me, Delia.”

  “No, I’m Niall.” He argued and pointed at himself.

  I giggled and turned to Liam, “What happened to him?”

 He looked distracted for a moment before replying, “We were all just having a small drink while talking, and he… he well… got a little carried away. I had been carrying him and was about to lay him down in bed to sleep before he passed out. Irishmen are supposed to be able to hold their liquor, but… Niall is… different.”

  “Irishmen?” said the drunken boy. “I’m Irish and I’m a man! I have proof.” He winked at me and I laughed even harder. It was funny now, but I was guessing he would not be all that amusing tomorrow when he had a hangover.

  Liam only groaned and led me to the living room, where the music was still playing, shaking the suite with its deep base. Our neighbors must really hate us just about now. Harry, Zayn, and Louis were seated in the living room, laughing about something with bright, twinkling eyes. They glanced up as we entered, but Liam ignored their questioning looks and led me past the kitchen to a glass sliding door and opened it for me. The terrace was just large enough for a couple of seats and a small table, and was hidden from view from the people inside.

  I seated myself in one of the chairs, and pulled my legs up to my chest to keep warm in the chilly night air. Below me, the city of London was alive with lights and color, buzzing with energy as the people continued to party away into the night. Closer to the horizon there was only black, where the quieter, peaceful citizens slept in their countryside homes. The dark sky was barely dusted with the tell-tale sign of stars, which was a surprise for me. Back home you could not even begin to count the vast expanse of stars at night, and yet I found myself on many occasions attempting to do so, anyways.

   Liam was not able to stay in one place, so he paced back in forth in the tiny space. He opened his mouth and closed it several times, before he found the right words. “Who were you on the phone with?” He asked.

  I furrowed my eyebrows as I replied, “With my friends from back home. They called me up during a party…” I was confused now. Had I said something I should not have? It was not like he did not know what happened.

   He turned on his heel to look at me, “What were you telling them about?”

  “How I got put in the band…” Was I missing something?