Chapter 20

A/N: Alright, guys, this is the last chapter. I thought there would be a few more, but it ended up being shorter than I thought and it’s good anyway because at least I stopped at a good round number:) Please enjoy this last chapter of The New Member.

REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT

Song on the side is: “Flash Delirium” by MGMT, because… well… crazy stuff happens in this chapter so I thought it might fit. *shrugs*

Chapter 20

*Zayn’s P.O.V.*

 “Where is he?” questioned Louis for the billionth time.

  We were all wondering the exact same thing, yet Lou thought it his job to yell and complain about it until all our ears were sore and our minds full of worry. Liam was nearly half an hour late and the interview started in ten minutes. There was no chance of him getting here in time, and I had accepted that, but whatever the reason keeping him away had me sweating and shaking in my spot. Liam knew how much I was relying on him to be here. The others may not realize, but I was aware how important Liam’s role was. He kept us together, and without him here, then… then… honestly I did not even want to consider it.

 I would have to take over that role until we could find Liam, wherever he was, and I was hoping that he had just gotten a little too caught up with Danielle. That being the case, then I could beat the living daylights out of him, but if he was in trouble, then I needed to be out there looking for him. Now, instead of waiting for the talk show to start.

  Liam also did not understand that I would be gone after the tour is over, and I could not take his place whenever he got lost. He had to remember his role as the sensible one or the band would fall apart after I leave, and I could not bear the thought after all the work I had been into it.

 Lost in my aggressively depressing thoughts, I felt Louis grab my shoulder to ask that danged question once more and I blew. I grabbed his hand and twisted, causing him to squeal as I pushed him against the nearest wall.

 “Listen,” I ordered. “Just shut up, Lou. Alright? I don’t know where Liam is and I don’t know if he’s alright, but I do know that he would want us to focus on what’s happening right now. I’m hoping that he shows up, but if not, we have to be prepared to go out on our own. So calm the heck down, hear me?”

 Louis’ eyes squinted harshly, and he did not even struggle in my grip as he sneered, “You haven’t been around enough to be giving me any kind of orders, Zayn.” That surprised me so much that when he shoved against me I stumbled back and he dropped off the wall I had held him to. He straightened his collar and flattened the front of his shirt before saying, “And if Liam doesn’t show, so be it. But that doesn’t make you the boss of me.”

 He stormed off backstage and I could feel my whole body go weak. This was not going to go well. Thankfully, no one had seen my fit of anger but Niall and he seemed too deep in thought to care.