Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Light seeped through my fluttering eyelids, bringing with it the telltale sign of a throbbing headache. When the black, tan, and white colors before me began to distinguish themselves I saw Zayn and Liam staring down at me, the van ceiling above them. As Liam noticed I was awake, his worried expression turned into one of sympathy. I groaned, and a hand placed a wet washcloth on my forehead, helping to soothe my nauseous stomach.

"What happened?" I asked in a weak voice, unable to recall any memories that would tell me how I got here.

Liam glanced around at the four other boys in the van before answering, "We were coming out to the van after the concert and we had to go through the crowd. You were going really slowly, then you started to have a panic attack, and you just... passed out." He slipped an arm under me and helped move me into a sitting position, resting against his shoulder. "Harry caught you before you hit the ground and carried you here. You've been out for a few minutes, love."

I shut my eyes as the van passed over a bump in the road, causing my head to ache worse. "What about the fans?" I asked, adding on in mind: "and the haters who were also in the crowd." I continued, "What did they do?"

Niall replied with a low chuckle, "No one noticed at first. I never would have if you hadn't of let gone of my hand. But they realized what was going on when Harry shouted at the paparazzi to get out of his way so he could take care of you."

"That's when everyone went silent and moved." Zayn added on, also laughing.

"Who knew all it took was passing out to part a crowd?" Harry said, with a cheeky smile. "Simple, but effective."

"I would rather not do it, again." I giggled, and my head thudded in annoyance at the sound. When I reached up to press the cool cloth on my forehead, I was met with another hand. Surprised, I turned to find the owner to be Louis, on my other side, watching me curiously.

"Thanks." I said, but he rolled his blue eyes and tossed the cloth into my lap, causing a wet stain to spread across my knees. "A lot." I finished.

Liam politely removed the cloth from my lap as he asked, "So, what happened, Dels? You were fine before we went outside. What caused you to faint?"

"I don't know." I lied, biting my lip. "My anxiety suddenly flared up out of nowhere, and there were so many people, and I just... I don't know. My anxiety has never even been a big problem before, but recently I can't stop worrying. I thought I was alright, but then... evidently, I wasn't." Aiming my eyes at the ground, I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment. I had no idea why I just told them that, considering it was not something I wanted to talk about,