Chapter 2-Gold and Shadows

TRAILER FOR BOOK ABOVE....Check it out ❤️x

•The humid air blocks my breathing. The mist curls around me... Dancing in thick swirls...So foggy, so eerie. The pale, faint illumination of the moon shines through the mist, casting dark shadows hugging the giant trees. The heaviness of the air settles in my mouth... A greenish, salty taste creeps up my tongue twisting my insides.The leaves rustle above me, whispering... Echoing for me to leave. The blur before me expands, drowned in a shadow. Everything hides behind the heavy curtains of twisting fog. The trees loom before me... Huge like deadly Giants, their bark absents of color. The most vibrant black I have ever laid eyes on. The green vines droop from the haunting branches... The vines seem like slithering snakes creeping up on me like insidious reptile, ready to spout venom towards my face.

So vulnerable... Prone to death, strolling through the forest late at midnight, my only bright company the ivory moonlight casting it's fluorescence.

I shuffle my tired feet cautiously, crunching on the leaves below, my body startled with each leaf I destroy. My eyes drift to the huge figures of the looming trees, their deadly hands curling towards me, twisting like hands ready to snatch me and devour me alive. My heart slows down thumping slowly in its cage. Fear starts brewing in my veins... Pulsing in my mind.

And the silence... Oh the silence was maddening. Only the faint buzzing of the insects whistle in my ears towing with my sanity. The tiny little bugs fly in the air slashing the illumination of the moon, morphing even more shadows that rattle my bones in the terror that creeps up my throat.... And the tension. Tension as if two eyes follow me around. Tension piles in my chest. Like I'm followed... All around me, wherever I set my gaze I see two eyes staring at me. Red eyes, sparkling with vicious hunger... Ready to pounce. My heart seizes in mortifying terror.

Nonchalantly walking I find myself at the end of the rocky pathway. A cliff awaiting below. Raising my gaze the ball of silver dominates the sky, and lowering my head a swirl of caliginosity lies below. The authoritative moon offering no light in the darkness below.

I look behind me... The misty, obscure forest beckoning with a haunting feel ready to kill me.•

The light seeping through the translucent curtains, jarrs my mind. My eyes slowly open, met with a light I do not thing I can handle anymore as the images of last night flash through my mind.

My mom lying bruised, her eyes broken with pain. I did nothing( I hate myself) I sense my throat closing, inflating in guilt, and the tears threaten to roll. I fight them.

(No not again)

My eyes flicker to the ceiling, where I trace the cracks.... It could fall any minute.

Without my consent the salty tear descends my cheeks. I mutter a soft prayer.

The door flies open... I wipe the tears and sit awkwardly resting my back to the back of the wooden bed, provided with slight comfort from the plush cushions.

Mother strolls in, ready for work.

'Come on wa-' she stops,' oh... You are up?'

'I didn't sleep well...'

'What's wrong....' She struts towards me, crossing her arms slowly, hiding her bluish bruises.

I turn my head away,' nothing... Nightmare....'

'Okay.... Em come lets go have breakfast,' she mutters, flashing the fakest of smiles.

I gaze into her eyes, filled with despair.

'I'll be right down,' I smile, kindly.

~•~

Lily slurpy drool covers my face. I laugh,' LILY STOP.'