Chapter 23- Danger In the Shadows

'In the end we are pieces of paper mechanically held together by electricity,' -Anonymous.

Yo guys don't forget to drop dem comments... Enjoyy.

Lauren P.O.V

I hug the wall... Watching with the edge of my eye I stare frozen in terror as the man who attempted to rape me intimidates Nathaniel. His eyes even from here are pitch black, swirling with menacing gleam. The fear strikes me in my spine... Quivering my bones. His hands tearing through my clothes make me flinch sending sparks of head aches rippling through me.

On instinct I pull my shirt down hiding my thighs. Closing my eyes I pray for this nightmare to end. What does he want from him. My heart urges me to step in to defend him... But my legs are frozen to the ground. Flashes of that horrid night pulsate in my mind. My breath chokes me... I want to cry so bad... But I'm so tired of crying.

The man towers over Nathaniel as he stumbles back,' I still have eyes on her... Make sure I don't hurt her,' I flinch. Suddenly cold envelopes me... My mind feeling frosty under my terror.
His beady black eyes trail to mine... He locks them together. I widen my eyes the fear growing like a Titan. I withhold a scream. Through his eyes I saw the pain he almost caused me WHAT THE FUCK DOES THE BASTARD WANT. Nathaniel steps in front of him pushing his chest.

'You hurt a hair out of her head... I will crush every bone in your body,' Nathaniel intimidates.

'You think I'm scared of a little boy like you?' He grins.

'That bruise on your face suggests otherwise,' growls Nathaniel,' you have permission to leave,' he smiles.

'You might think you are sophisticated boy... But you are just another human... With your petty insignificance and weaknesses.... Be careful you never know what your cockiness can do to you,' he booms and then disappears.

The block in my chest subsides and I run to Nathaniel's side. I look at him. He turns his head to face me distress snaking his eyes. I see tears shine in his brown eyes. He locks our gaze and he bites his lip to prevent his years from falling... Realizing he is about to lose something. The sunshine from the door highlight the distress in his eyes. His haunted look ghosts around.

'Do you understand now?' He chokes. My throat closes a tear strolling down my cheek. The hot blood rushes in my head. I look at him intently.

'No,' I whisper, letting the tears engulf my tears. He lets his tears loose as he embraces me...

'We can't be together,' he breathes in my ear.

I understand him. But I don't want to understand. I don't want to lose him dammit... I've waited all my life for this and now it's ripped away from me, tore from my flesh. His ghost will haunt me breathing on my skin. I want to kiss him and never let go... Lose my breathe with him as he holds me tight. Skin touching; hearts breathing in sync. I want that.... We want that... I don't want to lose that. The tears stream down my face. I hate crying. I hate being so weak that I let the tears be my only escape. He was my escape... I don't want to lose him.

'Please,' I cry...

'You have to go,' his voice pained, robotically comes out, as if his mind is bleeding while saying it...

I look at him with eyes dejected. I walk over to my dress. I grab it and I leave through the front door... The breeze carries my tears away letting them softly echo in the wind. I feel my bones cold. Looking behind me he closes the door, his figure disappearing like a dark ghost.

~•~
20 days later
(Writing in italics is 3rd person.)

The window on her wall was lined with dust. The reflection faded on the glass with the haze of her breath obscuring the frame. She is hugging her knees her feet on the chair... With one hand writing in her journal as the light pours into her room.