Chapter 15 -A light at the edge of the darkness

'I seen your light,' - Lennie, Of Mice And Men x

A.N:  Writing in Italics is 3rd Person 😊

~•~

He sat at the desk, looking out to the brilliant  brightness. The room was dark, the only color of shine emitting through the window. The light hit his face, dawning and haunting like the loom of dusk. His eyes worried and dejected he floated in desolation, letting the warmth of the brown fade away into a brisk cold swirl in his irises.

Taking a whiff of his cigarette he allowed it to course down his lungs, then he blew out the smoke in a symphony of swirls. He seemed enchanted, by the thought of something...Or someone.

Noon was in full force. The sun an explosion of brightness. But all he could feel was an emptiness welling inside his heart.

The door sounded and in walked a man with blonde hair, strutting in from the looming darkness. His eyes tensed, his movements rigid. His eyes land on the man looking sadly out the window.

An understanding passed between them. He saw the need for silence burn through the desolated mans mind. And so he nodded slowly exiting the silent room, filled with the cries of the sad mans soul.
~•~

💛Lauren P.O.V💛

I munch on the burritos,' they are very delicious,' I say to Jayce's mother. She leaves the room, leaving me with Jayce in this massive kitchen.

'Will you tell me what's wrong with you?' Jayce asks worriedly running his fingers through his curly hair. But I can't tell him.

I shouldn't act this way... I'm stupid. I've always been stupid. Just forget about him. His image courses through my mind. Before he kissed me his eyes sparkled with wonder and fear. He kissed me.... And it felt like before. A kiss goodbye, sweet and longing, but not forever. Curiosity floods me. The question in his eyes burns in me. What happened?

Maybe I misjudged the situation. Maybe it's not over yet.

I swallow my bite.

'Girl problems,' I say.

He smiles,' I know all about them, come on let's go upstairs.... You play video games?' My eyes lit up.

'Do you have Until Dawn?' I widen my eyes in excitement.

'Hell yeah,' he smirks. I'm sold.
***
We play on the play station for what seems like ages. My mind completely torn off Nathaniel. I scream as I'm too slow to press the circle and in horror I see my favorite character Chris die from the Wendigo. There is no reload in this game. He is dead? then he is dead.

'Fuck,' I curse, slumping in his cosy couch. Jayce's room is dipped in shades of navy blue glistening from the sunlight seeping from the windows. His bed is covered with black covers, entwined with details of dark blue.

His couches stark white. I roll into one.

'Not Chris,' I moan. I look at Jayce who is giggling. I look at him dumbfounded.

'What?' I ask.

He smile, his eyes sparkling,' nothing....' He says,' come on let's watch a movie.' He jumps off the couch and then he flops on the large bed,' come join me,' he offers.

I scowl, looking at him teasingly,' to how many girls have you told that?' I ask.

He looks at me then, tilting his head back at the ceiling,' I only invited one girl in this room besides you....'

'Why do I not believe that,' I stand up trailing though the rug to the large bed.

'How bout I pinky promise,' I laugh,' I told you I can lift your mood,' he smiles,' now choose horror, romance or drama.'