Chapter 16-Fucked me up all right...

"All the thoughts meddling up my head.
  An impending darkness resting at the edge.
  Scribbles of ink are all I think about.
  Fucked me up alright...
  Messed my head.
  Fucked me up alright...
  Can't go to bed.
   Give a kiss or give me a blade" - Anonymous x

💛Lauren P.O.V💛

I walk home slowly. The sky has turned a shade of grey which is odd as it is July. I gaze up to the simmering clouds ready to shed their tears. The streets are isolated, everybody stuck in their houses after a long day of usual work.
The breeze starts whisking towards me, in cold gusts. Just a few more blocks. I swing my bag from my shoulders slowly unzipping it.... I have a mock tomorrow and I have to study.

I open my English lit notebook and skim through the analysis. I let the quotes burn in my mind. Reading my teachers notes i scavenge my mind for beautiful ways to write it. Literature is art.  A way of creating beauty. It's the different layers of realism in our words, or even more accurate: it's surrealism.

I approach my house. The two story cozy house looming in the shadows. The paned windows darken before me... The only phosphorescence emitting from the windows of the lounge and the kitchen. I open the gate, and stride on the path leading to the door. I unlock it with my keys, and enter the house.

My sister is sprawled on the couch, her blue eyes fixed on her phone. A smile on her red lips. She texts away.... Something tells me that glee flows in her veins. And I smile... Forgetting her venomous words. I sit on the couch next to her studying her face. Her eyes glow with a wonder and the edges of her lips tremble until they edge o to a larger smile. As I stare at her her eyes drift to me.

'Who you smiling at?' I ask, grinning. She pushes her body on her arms letting her dark her flail around her pale shoulders. Alex looks back at her screen.

'Someone,' she answers. I immediately know who.

'Jacop?' I ask. Her eyes pierce me, with a daunting question.

'How do you know Jacop?' She demands. I giggle.

'He is a distant friend of mine,' I say,' I don't know him personally... He is a friend of a,' I falter, lowering my head,' an... Old friend,' I force a smile.

'Okay,' she says, turning her attention back to her screen. After a while a car horn sound from the outside. She jumps up and walks to the door grabbing her bag from the coffee table. She open the door,' MOM ILL BE BACK BY 12!' She yells at mom. Alex vanishes in the afternoon dimness.

I grab my bag and walk looking at my lit notebook. I walk towards the stairs staring at it. Looking up I find my mother looking at me intently. Startled my notebook falls to the ground.

'How dare you?' She asks, her tone on the verge of tears,' I saw you!' She says.

Confused I look at her. I squint, stepping a bit back.

'Mum,' I say. Her eyes harden ready to break into icy shatters.

'I saw you through the window.... KISSING THE TEACHER,' she tenses, slapping my cheek hard. My face cracks to the left. A hot tremble spreading on my cheeks. Tears stream down my cheeks, the tear irritating the redness.

'Mom...' I plead.

'Don't fucking say a word,' she pushes me back. I stare at her with pained eyes,' I'm sick and tired of you.... I hate you!' She rushes beside me and runs to the door. I see her grab a bag from behind the couch... A bag for holidays. She grabs her coat.

'I'm leaving.... And tell your father that he will hear from my lawyer...' She slams the door. I am left dumbfounded staring at the door. I collapse to the ground bawling my eyes out.