Chapter 10- Dirty clothes with a side of lusty smirks

'It is the east and Juliet is the sun...' -William Shakespeare ❤️ x

💛Lauren P.O.V💛

The clock ticks, in my ears. It's hands turned towards midnight.

I cautiously open the door and creep down the creaking hallways. Deep breaths and snores evade my ears, a clear sign of everyone dead in their sleeps by now.

Grabbing my coat from the nearby rack I slowly shuffle down the steps as a cough is heard echoing. I turn around as I see puffs of smoke curl from the couch, a manly voice speaks to me.

'Going somewhere?' Asks my dad. I shuffle to him finding him sprawled on a couch busy smoking a cigarette. He eyes the ceiling not glancing at me. His eyes are glassy transfixed on something ... Or a thought.

'None of your business,' I scoff annoyed at him for even caring to ask.

'Lady,' he says,' I am still your father.'

'Father physically yes... But not at my heart. I hate you... Hate you for everything,' I spit.

'I should say that to you for destroying our family,' he says still huffing and puffing.

I shake my head at his ignorance,' don't blame me for all the misfortunes in your life,' I say rushing to the door I exit the house, entering the vast darkness of howling owls and lonely souls wandering the night seeking comfort. The same thing I am doing.
***
'Come on get in!!!' Insists Katy with a smirk. I sit crossed leg on the side of the public pool just staring at her splash around.

'It's illegal breaking in here,' I sigh.

'The forbidden is always sweeter and sexier,' she growls wickedly at me, a smirk in her Emerald eyes,' besides I have the keys so what?'

I kick the water nonchalantly splashing her with soothing water. She giggles throwing heated water at me.

'I'm not in the mood,' I say, brushing her off.

'Cranky much.... Come on I know you want to get in here.... You always loved Nyads and that swimsuit makes you seem magical,' she laughs.

Nyads... Beautiful creatures of myth... With cascading silky hair and flesh that merged and became one with the sparkling water. I give in to Katy's request and jump into the warm water sloshing around me.

I gaze at the pool with its light blue appearance as the pools lights are on illuminating the water brightly with silver light. Shimmers of sparkles wander in the Aqua and it almost seems like a scene out of a fairytale... Beautiful and mythical. But it will never be.

I start kicking my legs softly getting closer to Katy... The warm water rushing next to me softly tingling on my skin.

'Told ya...' She smiles,' now tell me what happened at the party, I was so wasted,' she smirks.

All the thoughts of that horrible night course in my mind, but I force a smile,' nothing really,' I lie.

'How's things with Jayce?' she looks down at the water, the cyan liquid reflected on her face, her eyes almost seem.... Melancholic.

I shrug,' he just wants to get into my pants.... And I don't know... He seems nice but I feel distant towards him.'

'Cause you like someone else?' She implies, her eyes hungry for information.

'Yeah but he is taken,' I raise my brows then I slap my hand over my mouth... Oh shit.

'Ha,' she laughs,' I knew you were crushing over someone... Who is it?' She tickles me trying to force an answer out of me.