Chapter 14-Monday Blues

"The day seems better when I'm around you," ~Anonymous x

💛Lauren P.O.V💛

'He told me he loved me,' I say, shoving my books in my locker. Katy looks at me twisting her head to the side...

'And?' She squints her eyes hungry for gossip.

'I told him I love Nathaniel... I can't lie,' I say.

Katy looks at the floor, losing herself in deep thought,' Lauren I....' She starts, but she then shakes her head,' nothing Uh forget that... What did Aiden told you about it?'

'At least he didn't swear at me for falling for another teacher... After Mike I thought that everyone would shut me down,' I smile,' he told me that he knew I loved someone... He then stood up and just left,' I look at her.' It hurts me to think that our friendship is over.'

'It's not over,' Katy says,' I'll handle it,' she smiles,' I'll make him understand.'

'He understands,' I sigh,' it's just that he can't get over me,' I say,' I never understood that he liked me that way... I don't want to lose him.'

'You won't,' she says. Dan comes behind Katy. I look shyly away. I hadn't seen him since the party and I feel awkward that he tried to kiss me... Sure he was drunk but still.

'Hey,' he smiles, revealing his cute dimple.

'Hey Dan,' I say grabbing my books, we walk together to class.

'What the hell was that party... I don't remember anything about it at all... After the first few shots everything blacked out.'

'I don't know what happened I left soon after,' I say.

He stops and looks at me, squinting his eyes,' did I do something wrong?' He asks.

'No.. No you know it's Monday... Monday Blues...' I say.

'Hey are you free Saturday? I have no idea about the Lit stuff... And next Monday is the external exam.... It's all so new to me,' he says.

I smile,' Lit is a pain but it's fun... I can't Saturday... I'm going hiking with the family.'

'Ooh you must be close with your family,' he says.

'I wouldn't really say that,' I flip my long hair to my shoulder.

'How bout today after school... Seriously this Macbeth and Shakespeare stuff don't fit in my brain,' he laughs.

'Sure... Your house?' I suggest.

'My mom is out of town,' he says.

'Ok then starbucks?' I say. Katy who is rushing her locker laughs.

'You are such a white girl,' she giggles, fixing her gorgeous strawberry blonde hair. I nudge her elbow.

'Shut up,' I smirk, rolling my eyes,' ok how does my house sound.'

'Sounds fine to me,' his dark eyes sparkle.

'Thats a deal,' I say,' now let's go before the lit teacher kills us...'

~•~

I sit with Katy at the buzzing cafeteria. All the cliques have gathered and crowded over each table like bees. Sound seems to jump from the concrete walls, dancing and lingering in the air. People gossiping, laughing and eating roam around me.

I search for Aiden but from the troops I see nothing but chaos.... Where are you?

Linda joins us,' hey, guys,' she bites her apple, she keeps her mouth locked over her Apple supporting it. She takes out of her bag a stack of papers,' Mr Howard gave me the quizzes we did with our previous teacher,' she gives me mine. I groan.