Chapter 21- Prom Dresses and Gun shots

'I was the night... he were the stars; Without one the other could not exist,'- Me

A/N- Lauren's prom dress up top... Only change is that it also has sleeves

Nathaniel P.O.V

Lauren closes her house door behind her. I watch her figure disappear behind the closing door. I press with my hand the gear jarring the motorcycle to a start. I trail the roads to the usual hangout. I twist from the main road and enter a small pathway with my motorcycle driving though deep vegetation. In the clearing I see the small building with the door leading to the basement. 

I get off the bike securing the helmet on the handles. I open the door and run down the stair hanging my leather  jacket on the rack. I look around to find a mess. All the boxing equipment lie scrambled on the floor, cupboards thrown down littering the edges of the floor. Looking at the mirrors one of them is cracked in a spider web fashion, multiplying my reflection.

'What the?' I whisper, running into the second room inside. The guys stand over Christian. Blood pools on the ground shining with a crimson light. His face is scarred with pain. Dylan looks over at me with worried eyes.

'Christian,' I sigh. I look at the wound on his bear chest, obscured by the dried blood stains. The flesh plump and evident under the glamor of blood. A gun shot wound.

Lauren P.O.V

'I think I'm falling for him,' I say opening Katy's car door, entering her blue Mini Cooper. Katy looks at me with agape lips, her green eyes wide.

'Oh my gosh,' she laughs, the kind of laugh that seems like a surprised grin and cough at the same time,' are you serious?'

I nod looking at the horizon.

'Son of a bitch,' she says,' I thought it was a flirt... Lauren he is your teacher, you can't mess around with things like that.'

I close my eyes,' I know.'

'You don't know... Stop it while it's time... Heck yeah you guys are so cute and I ship it but this is reality and this can't happen,' she looks at me, and I open my eyes, her Emerald eyes pierce me,' it's not right.'

'Fuck it... I don't care if it's not right! I don't give a damn... Who has the right to say it's not right. NO ONE. It's my life and I want him in it. If someone says it's wrong then to hell with them and this fucked up society,' I explode. I slump in the seat. I look at Katy apologetically. Her eyes seem startled for a while and a bit distraught. But slowly a grin appears on her lips.

'That's what I wanted.... That's our new Lauren,' she smiles jarring the car to gear,' now spill all the details about yesterday,' she shoots me a glare,' I know you didn't go home yesterday... Your car was here,' she smiles.

'Can we talk about it later... I'm still mad about the biology exam today,' I say.

'Seriously honey,' she rolls her eyes,' snap out of it... Just 3 more exams and we are over...' She shrugs,' you already aced lit, chemistry, and art.'

'How do you know?' I ask sarcastically, pouting my lips.

'First of all stop that you look like a duck,' she laughs,' and second of all you are Lauren BRIDGES,' she smiles,' you ace everything,' she says.

'Don't jinx,' I say...

'And relax biology wasn't that hard today,' she raises her eyebrows pouting her lips.