Chapter 24- Can't breathe

Lauren P.O.V

1 month later

The walls seems to trap me. I can't do this anymore. I constantly look at my phones screen praying that i see a message from him.... It's been two months.

As if nothing happened between us... As if he didn't love me under that cliff.
As if we never were.
.
.
.
I walk to my closet. Hesitance floods my brain. I look at my phone screen again

Come on loosen up... Party tonight at the JinX club- Jayce

It's been 3 days that the thoughts plummeted my mind. Images from that night. The fear brews in mind. I don't want to go to a club... I've been enslaved in my room for a month. It's time I went out.

The man that attacked me was after Nathaniel. He didn't want me. And now he is not with me... Not by my side. I look up burning my gaze in the mirror. My eyes seem empty...

I open the wardrobe grabbing a black dress. I put it on. I look at the mirror. My body seems slimmer. I haven't been eating much lately. The black fabric dangerously digs around my waist that caves in my ribs. The hem of the dress rising over my thighs. I look at me sighing. I close my eyes the sight of my slimmed body depressing me. My appetite has been slashed away from me... I've been forcing food in my mouth. I can't let this go on. I run downstairs and open the fridge.

Bite after bite I force the food down. Bleak and foul I sit at the table letting my thoughts wander around. Everyday that passes without Natha seems so empty... Even though Jayce tries to perk me up I still can't get rid of the darkness in my eyes. Swallowing the boring bite I wonder what he is going through right now

***

He punches the bag... Letting all his strength bend the tough fabric. His thoughts trail to her and her features, her eyes and lips methodically humming to him. He lost that , he lost all he had. He drives his first like a hurricane on the bag grunting. Deep down he knew that he would regain just star again.

***
Lauren P.O.V

The doorbell rings and I open the heavy wood. Jayce smiles at me knowingly. I flash him a moon smile.

'Shall we go... Me lady,' he holds out his hand. I hastily grab it to prevent my slim hand being seen.

15 minutes later I hear the booms of music emitted by the JinX club. I squirm in my seat in Jayce's Volvo,' I don't know Jayce,' I look at him through my curls.

'Lauren relax... You haven't been out in a month. You need this,' he smiles at me.

'This place brings me memories id like to forget,' then I realize Jayce knows nothing of that day, and the gang that terrorizes Nathaniel.

'Like what?' He asks.

'Forget about it,' I lower my head.

We both stroll inside the club. The flashing lights blind me, the boom vibrating below me wakes me up. I walk between the poeple and reach my ginger headed best friend; Katy. Katy looks at me her eyes sparkling.

'You came?!' She shouts at me surprised. I smile at her.

'I sure did,' I say back to her. I haven't seen Katy in a few weeks and I missed her emerald eyes. I hug her locking her into my embrace she tugs my hand

'Come on let's go get something to drink and snack on... Time to get some meat on your bones. I hug my shoulders trying to hide them. I not understanding and I follow Katy to the bar. The jinX club is known for serving a variety of foods not only alcohol. With the music booming behind us we both spend 20 minutes going through the menu. Me and Katy go to the edge of the club where a small cluster of dining tables is set down. We sit down in a booth watching couples dance and... Kiss. Reminding me of that night under the cliff.

I scurry through the menu and my eyes fall on the banana vodka smoothie called Bonanza Nana and a veggie club sandwich with fries. Even though I'm not hungry I force myself to look at Katy enthusiastically while she orders a normal club sandwich.

Waiting for our order we shimmy through the dancing people and find Jayce and Aiden dance awkwardly in the neon lights. I giggle.. I feel myself loosening and I attempt to enjoy myself. Katy grabs Aiden and they dance together away from us. She is avoiding Jayce again. Jayce have my hand and we dance together. I see the smile he gives me and how it curls over his lips. His eyes sparkle and dilute as they meet mine.

Maybe he is the one to heal me... So I let go. We dance and Dance for 30 minutes when we remember our order with Katy. My stomach actually rumbles and I rush to my booth.

Steaming hot sandwiches and fries are lain on the table showered with bright lights. I sip my banana vodka smoothie and I let it cool me.  Katy looks at me happily.

'There's the eating machine I came to know,' she jokes. I raise my eyebrow.

'Calling me fat?' I joke.

'Yes Mrs Elephant and I'm a whale as you can see,' she smiles sarcastically. I bite my sandwich and let the taste resonate. My heart starts thumping with excitement... Something I never felt in these two months... And I thought there is nothing without him, but I found the will to push it away... It's time to forget him... Besides its summer. Me and Katy finish out food and we stand up dancing together to various songs.

We sing together and step on each other giggling. It's amazing how the mind can get carried away so easily.

After hours and hours of dancing my feet start to throb from the heels I was wearing.

'Katy?' I nudge my friend. She twists around loopily and she smiles like a goof at me... Yup drunk all right.

I walk to Jayce who is sitting in the booth with Aiden drinking a shot of vodka,' Jayce? Would you take me home please?' I ask.

He looks at me with his brown eyes,' sure lets go,' we walk out of the club and I slip on my jacket in the breezy wind,' fuck,' he says,' I forgot my keys at the booth... I'll go get them.'

'It's okay,' I smile,' I'll wait at the car okay?'

I walk towards the silver Volvo and tap my foot on the ground waiting for Jayce. Turning around u check my reflection in the window. Darn it was my hair this messy all this time.

From the reflection I see a big man materialize. My eyes widen as two hands curl over my mouth pressing a cloth on my nose. I breathe in the fumes.... My mind starts to twirl and dip in and out of reality. I try to squirm but my legs give in beneath me.

'Maybe now he will pa...' The mans whisper trails of and darkness engulfs me.

***

Well
Well
Hi... Sorry
Soryyyyyy I had SOO MANY EXAMS.... And yeah I'm soooo sorry I had 25 exams and I just had surgery and in so sorryy... Now I got my inspiration back so I'll try to post more... Thanks for the patience and thanks for the views my god 10 K WHATTTT??? Thankssss

Oh well seems like Lauren is captured... I wonder???

Tune in next time for more... I have like 6 exams left so I'll try to keep you posted... I was planning a huge book.... But maybe now I'll shorten it and I'm guessing we are close to the end guys 😊.

Thanks and love x