letter 3

Dear John,

Wow, you actually wrote back! You just made my day!

My dad named me after Carlos Santana, he absolutely loves his music. And at that time it just became popular to give boy names to your daughter, so I guess it's unique in some ways.

And you're actually a lot younger than I expected. I thought they were going to pair me up with a 40-year-old dude who's thinking about leaving the army for good or something, but we're almost the same age! I just turned 20 a week ago, by the way.

I don't know how is it where you currently are, but here in Seattle it's pretty chill. I'm sitting on my balcony as I write this because my dad almost burnt our house down, so I had to go out. He can't cook for the life of his, but he's still trying, bless his heart. But I can barely see, the smoke made my eyes water so much so excuse for a few tear stains.

Tell me about you! Or whatever is on your mind. I know you can't really talk about your missions and whatnot, and that's fine. Probably wouldn't understand that many things. (But if you really need to talk about it, we can do it in riddles, I love riddles! Or just talking about nothing, whatever floats your boat.)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention! I'll be going to fashion school in London, so my return address will change!

Take care,

Santana