day 3

A week flew by in minutes. The two of them spent every minute they could with each other, but the day when Johnny had to fly back to meet his squad in Berlin came way too soon.

And here they were, standing at the airport where they first met a few days ago. But the previous excitement got replaced with grief like neither of them wanted to let go of the other.

Everything was just so perfect. Santana never clicked with anyone so fast like that, and whatever was between them, it felt special. After they spent their first night together, there were stolen heated kisses here and there. They didn't put a label on themselves, usually Santana just introduced him as a friend.

But friends don't know how you taste. And friends didn't put their di-

"I don't want to leave you here," Johnny sighed from beside her, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"I don't want you to leave," the girl frowned, already feeling some stubborn tears prick at her eyes. She blinked the feeling away, but the heavy feeling remained in her chest.

"I'll get back to you as soon as I can," Johnny turned to face her, his hand coming to cup her face in an instant. She leaned into his touch, staring back into his crystalline eyes, getting mesmerized by them each time. He felt like home, and she didn't want to let go of her home. "I promise. And there won't be a second I won't miss you from my side."

Santana felt tears sting her eyes again, so she just leaned in to steal a kiss from him. This one was more gentle, full of emotions. She felt her heart break when he pulled back, his thumb grazing her cheek.

"Just come back to me," Santana's voice broke in the middle, her teary eyes staring up into his. He really didn't want to leave her like this, nor ever. But he had a job to do.

"I will."

And with that, she watched him get lost among the many more passengers, taking her heart with him to wherever he was sent to. She couldn't keep her tears back anymore, and with a broken heart, she exited the airport.

Santana didn't know how it was possible to fall in love so quickly, but she was sure he was the only one she could ever love like that.

The next few days went by excruciatingly slow, her soul not really being hers and her heart shattered into many pieces. Everything reminded her of Johnny. The blue of the water of his eyes, the way the Sun shone of his smile, the warm breeze brushing against her skin of his touch.

He left one of his T-shirts at hers by accident. That T-shirt became her new pillowcase, his cologne lulling her into a restless sleep every night. When she had to wash it, it was the saddest day. After that, she slept in that T-shirt every night.

Harper started to worry for her friend. It seemed like Santana slipped into a temporary depression after his departure, and it was hard to witness. Usually, Santana was the one to always cheer people up and go about her day even if everything went to shit. She was always calm and collected.

It took many days and a shit ton of ice cream to finally snap Santana out of it. The two girls were currently sitting on their couch watching Criminal Minds, nibbling on some mint chocolate ice cream. Santana had crushed a few pieces of Oreos in the mix just to spice things up, adding chocolate syrup at the top.

"So," Harper cleared her throat, glancing at her dear friend. Santana was cuddled up in her blue dinosaur onesie, her hood covering most of her face and messy brown hair. She nibbled on her ice cream with her eyes glued to the screen. In Harper's opinion, she looked like shit. "How was work?"

Santana growled at her, earning a light chuckle from her. Whenever she mentioned work, she always reacted in a similar way. Because her workplace reminded her of her soldier boy so bad, she almost hated going in there. But they needed money, and if Santana wanted to be honest, Darkwave was the only place that actively made her remember her fantastic time with that man.