letter 18 (unsent)

Johnny,

I just had a fight with Cameron. He accused me of cheating, with no apparent reason may I add. There were men who tried to hit on me here, you know how flirty Grecian men are. But I always said no. But he's also jealous because I write to you.

He expects me to stop talking to you because we are almost 7 months into our relationship now. I have known you longer than him, he can't tell me to just drop you for him. I already write a lot less than I want to because of him. Yet, he goes around talking with other girls all the time, saying it's only for a project. Yet, the girl texts him in the middle of the night, like she was being so sneaky.

He said he would never cheat on me, and I believe him. He's smarter than that. But you're my friend and that girl is just a random ass girl who likes to flirt with other girls' boyfriends, seeing if she could seduce them. Just... why?

I just got back from a night walk with Echo. She asked about you. She said you sound cool. She wants to be a soldier when she grows up, too. I'm really proud of her, I think she would be a great one.

But Echo said I seem sad. I think it's because of Cam. He wasn't happy about my 'sudden' trip to Greece. I go on a vacation for a week or two every summer break, and even though I told him about it, it seems like he forgot. And then he accused me of meeting with you and said that was the reason I didn't bring him with me. He's getting ridiculously jealous, and in the beginning, it was kind of cute but right now it's starting to get annoying.

It would be so great if I could just talk to you right now. Like, in person. Sure, I have Echo, Ezio, and Harper, they are my best friends. But it's just different with you. I feel like you won't judge me, and I can talk about anything with you. I knew you almost for two years now. Well, in two months it will be two years, but still. It feels weird I don't even know what you look like. Or if you're even alive at this point.

Maybe I won't even send you this one. You'll be so pissed at Cameron, like Harper. I'm afraid to mention a lot of things to her at this point because I know she knows a lot of ways to get rid of somebody without traceable evidence. And if you team up with Harper, it's going to be the end of the world.

Well, it's almost two am now. I can see a bonfire on the beach from my window, it reminds me of you.

I miss you.